Photo

Hairdressers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
79 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Bex_*

Guest_Bex_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2005 - 02:39 PM

Thanks Amanda - that's my back up plan. Just worried that will give me red and black highlights or something equally adventurous! I just want a decent reliable traditional hairdressers :huh:

#17 Liliput

Liliput

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 August 2005 - 03:54 PM

Just to buck the trend, I go to a place opposite Angel station for.....£5 (just a trim but I think it's silly paying anything more.

#18 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 01:13 AM

Thanks Rachel - Please don't think I'm being rude - but did your husband really pay £36 for a hair cut?  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. He went to the barber shop opposite Safeways once (not Wayahead, the other one), paid a tenner and got scalped. They didn't listen to him, just got clippers out and literally shaved him! It took 4 months to grow into what he wanted them to cut in the first place! He has refused to go back to a barbers ever again. He used to go back to our old hairdressers in Crouch End, where we used to live (£25), but the journey annoyed him, so he went to Baccarat. He was horrified at the price, and moaned for hours, but he was really pleased with his haircut!

#19 Guest_Bex_*

Guest_Bex_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2005 - 12:10 PM

Well hey - maybe it's about time men started paying as much as us for a decent haircut! :P

#20 Ashtok

Ashtok

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 02:55 PM

I go to Baccarat - I get my highlights and a cut there. I think the sign of a good hairdressers is a busy one (same as restaurants) and I had a problem getting an appointment there last time so have to remember to book well in advance.

I don't have anything adventurous done, but have always been happy with the result.

Wayahead - I had a wash and blowdry there and it was £18 which I thought was quite pricey aswell. They should turn one of the estate agents into a hairdressers!

#21 katb

katb

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 August 2005 - 04:18 PM

I've been to baccarat a couple of times (mainly on the back of a speical offer) and have been very pleased. Full price is expensive, but I don't know of any decent hairdresser that isn't these days!

#22 Guest_Rowena_*

Guest_Rowena_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2005 - 06:04 PM

I have tried a few Croydon hairdressers and the only one which I thought was any good is Ghost on Lower Addiscombe Road. Both my daughter and I have been there several times. They do offers, and evening openings and things, too...

#23 Djinn

Djinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:02 PM

Hi All

Reviving an old topic here...

I live in CP triangle. Moved here quite recently and I would love recommendations for hair stylists.

I do see lots of places in the triangle but I would be grateful if anyone could tell me who does it best and how much they charge.

Thanks in advance!

Vidya.

#24 NickJ

NickJ

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:24 AM

I'd recommend heading down the hill to Ego on Penge High Street. My wife, my daughters and I all go there - excellent stylists, good prices. Some people might be surprised to find somewhere so classy in Penge!

#25 Djinn

Djinn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:14 PM

Thank you Nick. I'll give them a shot and let you know how it went.

Vidya

#26 Papillon

Papillon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:35 PM

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a mobile hairdresser - one who comes round to your home and therefore is a bit cheaper?

Cheers,

#27 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:27 PM

I'd like to know the same - particularly someone who can do a woman's and man's haircut on the same visit, both myself and Mr elleme being quite lazy about getting around to making hairdresser/barber appointments.

#28 MissLizzie

MissLizzie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:29 PM

Hello,

I have my hair cut by Heather at Forty Seven opposite Sainsbury's. She is only open at the weekend as she also has a West End shop, but she is great. The salon is beautiful, full of nice goodies to buy. I sent my husband in there (who is receding poor thing) and Heather gave him a great cut that made him look as though he has hair. I paid 40 for my hair cut, but then have been in twice and had my fringe trimmed without charge.

#29 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 06:06 PM

40 is more than I'd normally pay, but I decided to take the plunge and give Forty Seven a try. I'm really pleased with the results, so now I think it's worth it, at least once in a while. By the way, do you remember what they charge for men's haircuts? I forgot to ask.

Edited by elleme, 16 February 2008 - 06:18 PM.

#30 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:01 PM

I'd like to add my endorsement of fortyseven. I've been going since they opened and love the cuts, the service and friendly, laidback atmosphere. My daughter had her hair cut there too (not by Heather, another stylist whose name she didn't get) and said it's the best cut she's ever had. The fringe is perfect, very hard to get right apparently!

I had a free makeup sesh there too, when they were offering them with a Cosmetics a la Carte make-up artist. At the risk of sounding like a bad and rather repetitive ad, their foundation is the best I've ever had, instant prettiness! Blimmin expensive but worth it. Just have to keep it away from daughter...

Edited by Nanazola, 17 February 2008 - 10:03 PM.