• This topic is locked This topic is locked
157 replies to this topic

#1 top o' the hill

top o' the hill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 08:45 PM

Can anyone recommend a good cleaner in Crystal Palace? We only have a one bedroomed flat so we'd only need them to do 2 hrs max. It would be great if anyone can recommend a someone who also does ironing.

#2 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:27 AM

Hi top o' the hill. I started a thread on this a couple of months back if you want to do a search. I didn't end up getting anyone in the end as I can't really afford it at the mo - buying a car instead :D .

I found that many of them have a minimum number of hours they will go a week, typically two or three. Also, some provide the detergents etc. whilst others want you to provide all cleaning materials.

Good luck in finding someone and be sure to post and let us know how you get on.

Mel
Mel, Forum Moderator

#3 Rocky

Rocky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:35 PM

Hi there- had a similar predicament a couple of weeks ago, as we've just moved into a new place, and ended up going with Limitless Cleaning: www.mindingmyownbusiness.co.uk or 020 8761 0635.

They recommend a "spring-clean" first, where they get your flat to a standard where they can then maintain it, which is £12 per hour. I requested that they clean my oven and windows in this. Following that, they recommended I have one cleaner come for two hours once a fortnight- this maintenance cleaning is priced at £8 per hour, so, effectively, £8 per week, which I think is a bargain bearing in mind that I now don't have to worry about doing it myself!

#4 top o' the hill

top o' the hill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:43 PM

Rocky, do they also do ironing? That does sound like a good price. Btw, is that link right? The url doesn't seem to work.

gekko I did see your thread but there didn't seem to be much call for less than the 3 hrs, but since Rocky seems to be able to get it for 2 that sounds perfect. Ironing too would be fab...

#5 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:43 PM

Limitless Cleaning: www.mindingmyownbusiness.co.uk or 020 8761 0635.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that should be www.mindingmyownbusiness.com.

...but I can only hope they clean better than they web design!

#6 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 02:20 PM

OMG - how spangly is that website?

:blink: :rolleyes:
Mel, Forum Moderator

#7 Lilian

Lilian

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 02:38 PM

I use Limitless too and find them really good. The 'spring clean' was a bit overpriced really, but they do a good job. They come for 2 1/2 hours every fortnight and do a great job. I'm sure they do ironing too...

#8 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 03:37 PM

OMG - how spangly is that website?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It reminds me of the old days when large multi-nationals spent thousands on really naff web sites (yes, Amex really did look like that!)

European.vote - EU Referendum

#9 top o' the hill

top o' the hill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 01:26 PM

They sound great/ I've spoken to them and we're going to go ahead and get them in. We have a little bit of decorating to do prior to getting them in though...

#10 Liliput

Liliput

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 12:07 PM

Hi

We recently moved to Sydeham Hill and had to get the cleaners in after our tennants used the kitchen as a ?? *** knows what but it was very greasy EVERYWHERE.

We used limitless but I must say I wasn't happy with their work. As a previous cleaner myself, I know a bit about how much you can get done in a few hours. But the stove didn't appear to be touched, the handles and gas plates are as greasy as before they came. Also the kitchen cupboards and draws still had crumbs of food and sticky stains in them, for the ?4? hours they were there it just didn't seem to fit what was done and what wasn't.

So a thumbs down from me I'm afraid.

Edited by Liliput, 24 June 2005 - 10:01 AM.

#11 Guest_Rowena_*

Guest_Rowena_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:46 AM

I notice that there are mixed reviews of limitless cleaning (although no-one can deny, surely, that their website is awful!)!

I have, however, made contact, and they are dead keen to come in and do some cleaning this week, even before they have seen the house or had an idea of the size of the problem etc!

I have agreed that they can come round for a chat, and, based on that and how comfortable I feel about them, I will let them have a go at the cleaning :)

I do hope it works. My house is a *** mess! :(

#12 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 12:02 PM

We are thinking of getting someone in to do a one off clean as our house is a tip at the mo. Let me know how you get on Rowena.

Thanks,

Mel
Mel, Forum Moderator

#13 Lilian

Lilian

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 01:13 PM

Maybe it depends which cleaner you get - mine's called Vera and she's fantastic!

#14 Guest_Rowena_*

Guest_Rowena_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2005 - 01:46 PM

My daughter thinks that we can only get a cleaner in if we do loads of tidying up first. Is that true? Can't I just leave instructions about where to dump things?

Someone called Olu is coming round one evening this week, but I am assuming that he will then arrange for someone else to do the cleaning. It bothers me a bit, that I will be giving a key to a stranger, and it also bothers me a bit that they charge more per hour for the initial clean. I would have thought it made more sense to charge for more hours, not least because I would like my house to be cleaned just as thoroughly per hour on later visits!

#15 Lilian

Lilian

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 02:20 PM

The theory is that they can do more cleaning if you tidy up first. I try to do a tidy before they come but it doesn't always work out. I'm sure if you left a note about where things would go it would be fine.