• This topic is locked This topic is locked
157 replies to this topic

#61 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:57 AM

Someone was handing out leaflets outside CP station the other night. It might have been for Molly Maid, but not sure. We have friends who use Helping Hand and have had a good experience. Again, they are an agency though so more expensive.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#62 SuperSar

SuperSar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 12:09 AM

Following my post in December when I was hunting for a cleaner for my mum, Clio kindly PM'd me to recommend a local cleaner by the name of Bridget Duffy.

Pleased to say that Bridget has been cleaning my mum's house for a few months now and is easily living up to the three glowing references I got for her! She's very reliable, pleasant and efficient. If anyone wants her phone number feel free to PM me and I'll pass it on.

Thanks again, Clio and VN!

Aunty

Hi! Desperatley trying to find a good reliable cleaner!! Could I pls have Bridgets number - although it looks like she may be rather busy!

#63 miss_g

miss_g

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:55 PM

Sorry to tag onto this! but I really need a reliable house cleaner as well, If anyone has any good recommends, I need someone ASAP, I have an injury and trying to juggle teacher training, ideally they are to be local ish and can iron and do some good industrial cleaning! please help!!
PM me Immediately if you can help!

#64 Aunty

Aunty

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:41 PM

Since recommending Bridget I've been completely inundated with PM's asking for her phone number!

Big apologies to those who have been asking me for Bridget's number for weeks or even months. The problem is that Bridget is currently fully booked. She says she might have one or two slots free in January but isn't sure.

Please could I ask that anyone reading this and desperate for a cleaner looks elsewhere for now, otherwise the list is going to get ridiculous and I will have to give up teaching and start up a cleaning agency (hmmm... not a bad idea!).

Apols again and thanks.
Aunty

PS. Miss Q, best of luck with your teacher training. I know from experience it's difficult to juggle ITT with any sort of life beyond teaching. Hope the injury wasn't sustained 'in the line of duty'!

Edited by Aunty, 16 November 2007 - 01:15 PM.

#65 JMS

JMS

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 04:56 PM

Hi All

We currently have a cleaner Terry (female) who comes in once a week and is efficient and reasonable. I know she is looking for some other cleaning work so I have advised her I would put an note up on here.

Pls pm me if you wish to be put in contact. She is based in Thicket Road.

JMS

#66 hathaws

hathaws

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 12:42 PM

Hi

I've been using Molly Maid for a few months now - they started off really well, but have got a bit slack, and I think they're pretty expensive for what they do. Guess that's the problem with using an agency though, by the sounds of it. It's also difficult to be flexible about when they come - I guess all cleaners like their days organised, but getting Molly Maid to come an extra week (we have them once a fortnight), or skip a week, is quite difficult. I'd rather have more flexibility if possible.

Still, always preferable to doing it myself!

#67 Miss_C

Miss_C

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:09 PM

Hi there

I am writing to recommend a fantastic cleaner who lives in the Crystal Palace area. She has done two end of tenancy cleans for me now and in both cases each flat was left sparkling and I had a very happy landlord and got my full deposit back! She is also a very nice friendly lady.

I don't want to pass on her personal details without permission, but if anyone would like to contact her please message me and I will forward your details onto her.

#68 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:22 AM

can you PM the details please?

Cheers
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#69 magdacleaning

magdacleaning

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:56 PM

I'm very experienced domestic cleaner and looking for some cleaning jobs in Bellingham, Catford, Southend, Downham, Penge, Sydnenham and surrounded areas. I've been working as a cleaner for several years in Edmonton but moved in to South London a couple of weeks ago and now looking for some houses to clean. I'm very quick and reliable and also keen to do other domestic jobs such as shopping etc.
I'll try to get posted some recommendations on this forum from my current customers. Please feel free to contact me if you are interesting in my services or have any other questions.

Edited by James, 20 January 2008 - 09:40 PM.
Please see Personal Message

#70 mao

mao

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

Hi

I would like to recommend a cleaner that Iíve been using for the last few months. Her name is Alena. She is very reliable, trustworthy and charges competitive rates. She can be contacted trough her husband Lubos on 07931451230

#71 globalviks

globalviks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:32 PM

Hi

I'm new to the VN site and fairly new to the area (been here 5 months) but my other half and I were lucky enough to find a great cleaner through a personal recommendation from a work colleague and she definitely deserves a recommendation on this site. Our cleaner Carol is very reliable and trustworthy (she has a set of our keys and cleans whilst we're out at work) and has never let us down. Her cleaning is very thorough and her rates are reasonable (£8.50 p/h). Whatsmore she currently has availability for a Friday which I know from experience is v. hard to come by!! So if you want a decent, dependable cleaner drop me an email and I will pass on her details.

#72 mefisto

mefisto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:59 PM

Please could you send me details of your cleaner. We are keen on getting one in ASAP and several of the agencies dont cover this area

Edited by James, 08 July 2008 - 07:50 AM.
Removed unnecessary quoted reply

#73 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:13 PM

The missus (a teacher) is getting bigger and bigger with mini-Elmo and I'm mega busy with work. The upshot is that neither of us are in a fit state to clean the flat! So we're considering a cleaner.

What do we need to consider? How much are we looking at? Is security an issue??? :unsure:
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#74 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:56 AM

Hi Elmo,

If you get a private cleaner then you are looking at about £8.00/8.50 an hour. If you go through an agent you are probably looking at £9 or £10 per hour to cover their cut.

The main thing to consider is what exactly you want them to do - is it just a basic dust, hoover, mop or would you like them to clean inside fridge and cupboards, do the windows, ironing etc.? Get some contact details from your lovely VN peeps and invite them round to quote. You'll get a feel for who you are happy to give a key to! We had two cleaners round and the first one was pretty bossy in that she came in and immediately started to tell us what she did and didn't do. Needless to say we didn't hire her as I didn't want someone bolshy invading my personal space and throwing their weight around. With the second cleaner, it was much more relaxed. She was accommodating and had a warm personality and I felt I could trust her.

If you go with an agent you are always guaranteed a cleaner even if your current person is on leave. However, you have to be comfortable with new people coming to your house sometimes. If you use a private cleaner then they are likely to be unavailable from time to time, including Christmas so be prepared to still pick up the mop from time to time!

I can check with my cleaner on Thurs if she has any availability if you want.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#75 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:57 PM

I think it'll be for hoovering, dusting, kitchen and bathroom... and mopping the floors. And it's a small flat so shouldn't take too long.

To start with.. could you PM me your cleaner's details Geks?? Ta!
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter