Photo

Lancasters

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (17 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (4 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

2. Good (7 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

3. Average (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

4. Poor (1 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

Vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 05:50 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

Lancasters
463 Norwood Road, West Norwood, London SE27 9DJ
Open Monday to Friday 5pm-11pm
Open Saturday to Sunday 10am-11pm

Facilities for private parties up to 150 guests

Web: not available
Email: not available
Phone: 0871 811 1484

European.vote - EU Referendum

#2 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:05 AM

Never eaten there but sometimes pop in for a drink before the bar at Film on Thursday opens. It's a shame this place isn't nearer the West Norwood station end of the high street.

The people always seem very friendly though so it gets the thumbs up from me.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#3 Mango

Mango

Forum Fruit

• Sponsors
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 09:45 AM

Went here on the spur at the weekend - service outstanding and friendly, food excellent, nice atmosphere, and the waitress was stunning (maybe this clouds my view rather . . . )

:D
M A N G O

#4 toby1kenobi

toby1kenobi

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 05:45 PM

This is a great place to go for a drink or something to eat - cosy and the staff are friendly. The Monday night offer (£20 for two homemade burgers and chips and a bottle of house wine) is great value.

Toby

#5 fluffyloveheart

fluffyloveheart

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:03 PM

I love this place, the menu is varied and all the dishes are really tasty.
Fluffyloveheart

#6 lucysmith

lucysmith

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 810 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:14 PM

Recently tried the two burgers and house wine for £20 deal. It was excellent value. The burgers were nice with good bread baps and decent helping of salad and dressings. The chips that went with the burgers were lovely and fat and the waitresses and manager were very friendly.

#7 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:57 AM

Top marks to Lancasters.

Mrs Uncle Wilf and I went here yesterday evening and did the two burgers and house wine for 20.
Food was very good although I recommend looking like your maiden aunt eating in the Wimpy and use cutlery to tackle your burger as they stack them properly and dignity can swiftly be taken from you. Trust Uncle Wilf, he's speaking from experience. :ph34r:

It's a pleasant enough space although the smoking ban will make it more pleasant.

Service was friendly and reliable.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#8 armidale3

armidale3

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:13 PM

Had an extremely disappointing ceaser salad recently.
I enjoy the place for coffee on Saturdays... but have found the food to be dismal.

Edited by James, 02 September 2007 - 10:19 AM.
UPPERCASE -> lowercase

#9 The Joker

The Joker

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:34 AM

I see Lancasters is currently closed for refurbishment. Looks like it will re-open soon though.

One of those places I've always fancied going to but never made it. But further to travel for me. Maybe the new look will tempt me in...

#10 T.H.R

T.H.R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 01:54 PM

I just thought I'd say that Elminas, which has replaced Lancasters, is a nice place to be whether you're going for a drink or a meal. I must admit I haven't eaten there yet but the food looked and smelled very good. The owner is a nice guy and the lady behind the bar is nice and chatty too. We're still new Tulse Hill residents but it's one of the places we've already visited a few times - well recommended.

#11 Bond

Bond

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 02:51 PM

I can't say that, in its new reincarnation, it seems very appealing. The lighting seems terribly low and there seem to be a lot of single gents sitting, singly, watching sport on a big wide screen TV. Not really the best atmosphere but then, I haven't been in so happy to be corrected !

#12 armidale3

armidale3

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:59 PM

I must agree with Bond. I used to go to Lancaster's every Saturday for toast and coffee and occassionally for a meal. When I walk past now, or go past on the bus all I see is a dark room with a very large tv Wwith sports and as Bond said, the odd man sitting on his own nursing a beer. It does not seem appealing at all. It is a shame because I will be on maternity leave next year and would have been an ideal place to meet the girlies for lunch and a natter.

I cannot see how the place in its current incarnation can survive.

#13 T.H.R

T.H.R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:18 PM

I guess it depends what you're after, really. Whenever I go in there seem to be some groups of male/females. There are some single gents who drink there, like any other drinking establishment, so if you don't like single people I guess that would be a problem! Maybe it's more of a pub than it was in it's previous incarnation, I don't know. However, having been in there I can vouch for its lack of an intimidating atmosphere.

#14 armidale3

armidale3

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:51 PM

I guess it depends what you're after, really. Whenever I go in there seem to be some groups of male/females. There are some single gents who drink there, like any other drinking establishment, so if you don't like single people I guess that would be a problem! Maybe it's more of a pub than it was in it's previous incarnation, I don't know. However, having been in there I can vouch for its lack of an intimidating atmosphere.

That is odd- I walk past there sevedral times a DAY. I am yet to find groups of women and couples in there. i thinkyou are right it is now more of a drinking establishment rather than a restaurant. Shame I miss it.

#15 MattVN

MattVN

VN Admin

• Admin
  • 543 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

This restaurant Lancasters, has now been replaced by Elminas.

Please visit the Elminas Restaurant review thread to make comments.

Virtual Norwood Admin | Visit VN's WikiBlogsGallery and Calendar

Contact me via webform or at