Photo

Cafe ABC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Café Restaurant? (57 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Café Restaurant?

1. Excellent (26 votes [45.61%])

Percentage of vote: 45.61%

2. Good (23 votes [40.35%])

Percentage of vote: 40.35%

3. Average (5 votes [8.77%])

Percentage of vote: 8.77%

4. Poor (3 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Vote

#31 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 12:04 PM

Hi Silver, you really had a great time last night didn't you! Sounds like the perfect plae for the VN Christmas party ... there is going to be one isn't there?
aka Pie

#32 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:17 PM

I was in here a couple of nights ago and tried one of the pizzas as recommended by some of you on this forum.

I had the sundried tomatoes, feta and olives pizza with chilli oil, and it was without doubt the best pizza i ever had, although i have yet to try Fresco's on Westow Hill.
a carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond

blow

#33 chrissyb

chrissyb

what shall we make today?

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:30 PM

Hello
I would like to back up the Cafe ABC rave reviews. Gekko and I went there last week for a pre dinner cocktail - ended up having 2 as they were around £3 each (it was happy hour) and they were fabulous quality - delicious, well prepared and pretty powerful!
On another note I wondered whether Sam was thinking of featuring a quiz in future. There may be plans in the pipeline but I have a suggestion.......as ABC is quite a retro place maybe a retro feel quiz.......?
Im no quizmaster BUT Ive prepared loads of material in the past for quizzes at work after years of working for the BBC archives. Programme theme tunes, lyrics, newspaper headlines, music intros, all sorts of trivia from the 70s/80s/90s. And Ive kept all the questions! I was also a fan of such quiz nights back in Scotland where very cheesy quizzes are extremely popular!

Would appreciate thoughts generally about such an evening if a quizmaster was to volunteer?! Will also mention to Sam next time we are in ABC as it may not be everyone's cup of tea.......after all the current affairs questions tended to come from Heat magazine.........

#34 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:33 PM

Would appreciate thoughts generally about such an evening if a quizmaster was to volunteer?! Will also mention to Sam next time we are in ABC as it may not be everyone's cup of tea.......after all the current affairs questions tended to come from Heat magazine.........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like my kind of quiz :D

#35 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 02:38 PM

Is there another gazumpo offer ? Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#36 cafe abc

cafe abc

• Not Responding
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 11:51 PM

I am soooooo up for a retro quiz, would be great and have been thinking about it for sometime. I could maybe get a load of DVD's from my old place of work as prizes or something or could just do for fun!? or rolling kitty, free meal here etc....???

my only problem(s) with a quiz is a) where would i get decent material- but I think we have solved that one, thanks Chrissyb and B) who would host it? Being the shy and retiring type (okay not quite - but most certainly not made for the limelight) I will not volunteer, but how's about free drinks for the person that does?

Dazza that could be your very own personal gazumpo promo right there??

any thoughts give me a shout, Bank Hol coming up maybe a good time to start?

chat soon

sam
ps Silver i love you x

#37 chrissyb

chrissyb

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 12:33 PM

Hello there
Im very much the shy and retiring type (well when it comes to quiz hosting!) but Im sure the right person with that certain sparkle and wit is out there.
Happy to pop in this weekend perhaps and discuss with Sam (saves cooking - Gekko you will be pleased about that!) and show some samples of the kind of material Ive used in the past.

#38 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:12 PM

Chrissbyb, any update on this? did you talk to Sam about it last night after we left? Sounds like a fun idea and having met you I'm sure you would be the bestest hostess.
aka Pie

#39 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:41 PM

Unfortunately Chrissyb is nursing a hangover today due to that extra bottle of wine we had when you guys left :( .

Will ask her to post an update on the quiz tomorrow :) .
Mel, Forum Moderator

#40 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 02:40 PM

Can I just say that I take back my dismissive comments about fishfinger sandwiches?

ABC fish finger sandwich is great - you wouldn't recognise them as one of yours, Cap'n B. :)

#41 jamesl

jamesl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 03:33 PM

last Friday , 6:30, Happy Hour, Raspbery Mojitos - perfect.

#42 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 09:56 AM

That's because they use Waitrose fishfingers at ABC I think :) .

Edited by gekko, 19 August 2005 - 09:57 AM.

Mel, Forum Moderator

#43 chrissyb

chrissyb

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:40 AM

Hello there
yes I've had a chat with Sam about all things quizlike and its a goer but maybe not until September. Im gathering content together to show Sam and she has a hostess in mind, a friend of hers who is really up for it. I'll post some taster questions on the site soon.

I had a very bad head yesterday after Wed night but looking forward to reading the book.

#44 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 10:03 PM

was wondering why "abc" ? and why not "xyz" ? :(
a carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond

blow

#45 Guest_Rowena_*

Guest_Rowena_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2005 - 07:01 AM

Although I quite like this place, I ate there for the first time last night, after several attempts to do so, and was not at all impressed, I am afraid. It seems to me that this place is a cafe rather than a restaurant, so it is okay for a snack but not for a meal.

Also, we were the only people in there for most of the time, which doesn't really make one feel comfortable. I get the feeling that it needs to decide what it is, and concentrate on that, in order to attract enough people....