• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:08 PM

I believe it is on this Sunday - not sure about any future dates though.

#32 richie

richie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:43 PM

visited the market a few weeks ago - i thought it was a complete dissapointemt. 1 stall selling fruit and veg and only about 5 or 6 stalls in total. Prices were very expensive too. If you're expecting something special then my advice is give it a miss.

If more stalls are added it will become better but for now our survey said " brrrh brrrh"...

#33 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:27 AM

Is it a proper farmers' market though? Why aren't we on the London Farmers' Markets site....? :huh:

http://www.lfm.org.uk/index.asp
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#34 Bee

Bee

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:40 PM

I agree that the market needs quite a few more stalls, and the prices of most of them are far too high. Talking of new stalls though... does anyone know how to apply for a stall? My other half wants to set up a stall selling (reasonably priced) delicious home cooked stuff. Bee

#35 ArranAuckland

ArranAuckland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:01 AM

Anyone know when the next Crystal Palace market will be? I wonder if the disappointment at few stalls is because few people know when or where the market will be - a bit more publicity and I think the punters will be eagerly queuing. Sounds like there ar eplenty of people on this site that could be roped into helping with some publicity if we know where and when it's to be?

#36 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:55 AM

Is it a proper farmers' market though? Why aren't we on the London Farmers' Markets site....?

From the LFM site's Policy page -

REGIONAL and LOCAL FOODS The goods you sell must be raised, grown, produced, gathered, caught, or baked within 100 miles of the M25 ('the Region'). When possible, we invite Producers who are within 50 miles or less of the M25.

I wonder if this is the reason, as I've certainly seen food from further away than that.

#37 Fang

Fang

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:06 PM

Is there still a market at Dulwich College. As much as like the idea of our market, the one at the College was the real deal.

"This is what we find, this is what we find, the hope that springs eternal, springs right up your behind."

#38 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:14 PM

The Dulwich Farmers Market is held regularly on the 4th Sunday of every month. As far as I am aware it is still going Fang.

#39 wmp

wmp

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:57 PM

Yes, it is still going - there was one yesterday, braving a little sleet & wind... May I recommend the fishpies from the Two Fishwives :) yum... There's usually at least 3 vegetable stalls, along with the usual bread/olives/preserves/cheese outlets.

#40 pbradburn

pbradburn

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:13 AM

WOW _ i can't believe it !!

CPalace is REALLY turning into Blackheath..... why does gentrification happen whenever i leave a place!!!

#41 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 11:25 AM

Haven't been for a while and I haven't seen any of the signs advertising the market either. Anyone know if it's still on? :huh:
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#42 DaisyGrubber

DaisyGrubber

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:52 PM

I had a thing from the CPCA saying that there is a quota of events that can happen on that site, and it had been filled, hence no more farmers' markets there, but they're looking to have them somewhere else eg Westow Park.

#43 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:28 AM

I had a thing from the CPCA saying that there is a quota of events that can happen on that site, and it had been filled, hence no more farmers' markets there, but they're looking to have them somewhere else eg Westow Park.

:huh:

That is rather bizarre if it is true!

#44 Dolly Dimple

Dolly Dimple

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 01:06 PM

I had a thing from the CPCA saying that there is a quota of events that can happen on that site, and it had been filled

So who is it who determines that quota, if that's the case?

#45 Ernie

Ernie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:02 PM

I don't want to spread rumours but I actually rang them last Sunday as I was away for a while and really fancied something nice from the Market. The guy advised me that they were only allowed/granted 14 events by the Council and now they used them all. He also said to ring him back in about 3weeks time to find out more. In the meantime there is Dulwich College market...Hope this helps... ;)
Ernie.