• This topic is locked This topic is locked
34 replies to this topic

#1 Lilian

Lilian

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:02 AM

My garden fence is looking worse for wear and is in desperate need of replacing. Does anyone have any suggestions for someone who could do this and maybe a bit of decking too while they're at it???

#2 spoiltdog

spoiltdog

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:54 PM

l may be of assistance have written references am in the process of starting my own business if l may be of assistance email - awjacob@hotmail.com

#3 Gemster

Gemster

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:43 AM

My brother does fencing and decking and is living with me in Upper Norwood at the moment.

Will PM you his details.

#4 jamesl

jamesl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 01:44 PM

My friend Martin does fencing and decking

see http://www.landscape....uk/index2.html

#5 Emmalina

Emmalina

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 07:59 PM

Does anyone have anymore recent recommendations? (We need to dog-proof as a matter of urgency before our neighbours run out of patience!)

#6 Gardener

Gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:09 PM

Hello
My boyfriend (a resident of the upper norwood) is a trained horticulturalist who also runs a landscape company of 17 years - currently the gardening columnist of The Palace (have I big upped him enough???!!!) would be able to help contact him on gregoryleesonassociates@yahoo.co.uk.

S

#7 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

The Timber Decking Association has a very helpful web site and they can also help you to find a qualified design and installation company. However, if you want to put the decking in yourself the best guide I have found so far is on the Q-Deck site. They also have guidance on building regulations.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#8 helenlewis

helenlewis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 05:30 PM

Hello there, we're in the process of getting quotes for someone to deck a small section of our back garden. I've contacted the people recommended on here but wondered if anyone had actually had any work done in the past couple of months? It's always good to get a recommendation from someone who has had work done already.

#9 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:22 PM

hi all, we need some estimates for repairing a low brick wall and installing a metal fence on the upper half. Any advice and recommendations? It might be a bit of a big job...

#10 Angela

Angela

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:06 AM

We are looking to have our fences replaced in the back garden and would appreciate some recommendations. (I have looked at the posts so far but hoped for a more recent suggestions.)

We think we are after the wooden fence panels but will need the concrete posts put in, as at the moment have very wonky wooden posts. It isn't a huge garden but we will be doing the fence on both sides, approx 11 panels. I would be looking to get a quote as soon as possible.

Many thanks

#11 maybrey

maybrey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:50 PM

Hi, would like to introduce myself as I run a property services company and currently I am working within the region on a number of projects. Would be very happy to make an appointment to see the fence and of course issue you with a quote accordingly. hope this helps. Best regards Gary Fenwick ,Contact number is 07885 262 332, or email maybreypropertyservices.co.uk

#12 NickJ

NickJ

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:02 PM

Any updates on fencing experts? The recent winds have not been kind to our poor wooden fences...

#13 Angela

Angela

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:26 PM

We used Gary Fenwick who replied to my post above and I would definitely recommend him. He was incredibly helpful, very friendly and he also made lots of suggestions, even put forward cheaper options to consider. We are so pleased with the whole service and our fences look fantastic.

#14 The Joker

The Joker

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:12 PM

I used a guy recently called Bill to repair my fence. 0790 342 0566. Quite happy with the service he provided.

#15 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:24 AM

Hello, for anyone that still needs a fencing quote - there's a company replacing the back fence in the property next to ours. They're called P. Clack Fencing, tel 020 8657 1389 (I'm reading this off their van parked outside!) They seem to be doing a good job.

Edited by Sylvester, 31 March 2008 - 10:25 AM.

aka Pie