• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#1 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 01:28 PM

We have moved house, to a block that has no gas. We are looking to have a shower installed in the bathroom, and will need a plumber who can deal with electrics.

Any recommendations gratefully received. :D

Edited by rachel, 02 September 2005 - 10:49 AM.

#2 rachel

rachel

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 11:03 AM

Shameless bump as we are still searching!

#3 Guest_Rowena_*

Guest_Rowena_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2005 - 11:50 AM

I am in the process of getting quotes from plumbers for a bathroom refit. I got most of the names by asking in local bathroom shops. Have you thought about doing the same? At least one of the names was of someone who was advertising at the top of this site, which James will be delighted to hear, I suspect, although I have no idea if that person is going to be any good....

I would recommend that you look in yellow pages for a bathroom shop, and then go along and ask them who they recommend...

PS. All of our quotes include electrical work!

Edited by Rowena, 02 September 2005 - 11:50 AM.

#4 Lilian

Lilian

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 01:12 PM

I've just had my bathroom refitted. I'm very happy with what's been done and will give you the details if you PM me.

#5 robpark

robpark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:30 PM

We have a shower that operates like a dripping tap thus making shower time tedious. We need a pump installing to assist with water pressure.

Can anyone recommend a plumber thats cheap and does a quality job?

I know this is asking a lot, but hey.

#6 eyedropper

eyedropper

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:11 PM

I've posted on here before about him but we (and a load of other friends) use Steve 07711670651

He's does all sorts of jobs, for us he's fitted new taps, and fixed the boiler when that broke. He's self employed, local(ish) and plesant.
www.eyedropper.co.uk

#7 ally

ally

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 03:13 PM

I used Steve (recommended by eyedropper above) last week for some work on our watertank, he was very good and I would also recommend him to others.

#8 top o' the hill

top o' the hill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:36 PM

We're looking to buy a shower at the moment but I'm completely stumped as the prices seem to go from one extreme to the next. We're looking for a traditional looking one with the shower head coming out of the wall. Can anyone recommend a good shower at a fairly sheap price and also where to get it from.

Recommendations of where to go for cast iron roll tops would also be appreciated!

#9 jaw

jaw

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:05 PM

Why not take a look at the Mira range of shower units, we had one fitted and the guy that fitted it said that there back up service is brilliant, if needed

#10 Will on the Hill

Will on the Hill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:35 PM

Just to add, I used Steve (recommended above) for a list of minor plumbing and hetaing jobs and he was polite, prompt and quick and did all the jobs on a Saturday for a very respetcable £70. Would definitely use again.

#11 GipsyKing

GipsyKing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 04:03 PM

I used Steve (recommended by eyedropper above) last week for some work on our watertank, he was very good and I would also recommend him to others.

Considering a bit of a bathroom overhaul ourselves... but it would involve installation of a shower and bit of tiling.

Not that you guys are his 'agent' or anything, but do think it's asking a bit much? Is he more an "odd-jobber"?

I suppose I should phone him and ask for myself. :)

#12 woodland

woodland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:44 PM

can anybody recommend a good reliable plumber who can fit a shower in the Maberley Road area.

#13 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:50 AM

Mariusz just fitted my bath, shower and tiled my bathroom. Considering the age of the property and the bumps in the walls, he did very well. He charges £110 per day but works well and faster than most english workmen (sad but true)

He can do just about anything well and considers the problems and jobs as if he was doing his own house.

#14 stupacker

stupacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:36 PM

Hello folks
I'd gladly recommend Heath of HA Plumbing
07960 233457
Good sound bloke
Lives very close to the Triangle
Good luck!
stu

#15 woodland

woodland

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:35 PM

hi silver do you have a contact no. for him.

thx