• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#31 Gardener

Gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:42 PM

We recently had to replace our old, defunct boiler (which the people whom we bought the house off failed to mention leaked, dropped pressure and conked out regularly!! How kind) Anyway we got Steve's number from this thread and he was brilliant: Swift, reliable and very friendly. I would highly recommend him and his team for all your plumbing needs :rolleyes:

#32 edlee

edlee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:40 PM

Had Carrie around again to help me remove a shower. Promised I'd give her a plug. She really is very good, quick, friendly and helpful and she doesn't overcharge. Again she allowed me to pay her by using internet banking. :)

tel: 0208 670 0342
email: [b][ email removed - previous issue ][/b]
http://www.plummyplumbers.co.uk/

#33 Gipsy

Gipsy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 03:14 PM

We've had Carrie over a couple of times for small plumbing jobs and she is excellent. Highly recommended. :D

Our boiler isn't working at the moment and I stupidly didn't think to check VN for a local recommendation this time. I've been dealing with a company called ReactFast... who couldn’t react any slower. The engineer they sent was fine but I’m still without heating or hot water for the 16th day!!!!

I’ve now been forced to cancel the job with ReactFast. They told me an engineer would return 8am on Monday, so I waited and called every couple of hours, and at 5pm Monday, I was then told he’d come the next day. I called every couple of hours Tuesday (my 2nd day off work for no reason!) to be continually told ‘he’ll be there in an hour’, ‘he’s on his way’ etc. At 4.30pm on Tuesday when I called again they told me he couldn’t make it! :angry: Avoid ReactFast at all costs!

Anyay, I’ve just been contact with Steve so hope he can help.

#34 rasoo

rasoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:46 AM

We've recently had Steve in to complete a bathroom overhaul along with some work on our boiler. Would highly recommend Steve and his team to everyone. Reliable, trustworthy, reasonably priced - completely professional.

#35 anerleymartin

anerleymartin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:05 PM

I can recommend Tony Lawless. He did my bathroom. I was very very pleased with his work and price!

Mobile: 07788592285

Thanks for the recommendation Lillian!

#36 Gipsy

Gipsy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:25 PM

Following on from my post 28th March, I can't agree more with Rasoo regarding Steve. :) Reliable, trustworthy, reasonably priced and completely professional. I had major issues with my combi boiler and initially had a nightmare dealing with a company called ReactFast. After finding Steve's details on this thread, he came to the rescue and he was excellent! :D His number is 07711 670651.

#37 JGX

JGX

• Sponsors
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:32 PM

I can most heartily recommend Robert Glassbrook: 07711 201041. He is reasonable, reliable and a total perfectionist. One in a million. . .

JGX

#38 helenloc

helenloc

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:22 PM

Following recommendations on here we hired Carrie at [b][ name removed - previous issue ][/b] to install our new bathroom.

She was really helpful, providing advice on what we needed to buy, the state of the bathroom walls etc prior to the job. Both she and her colleague Len were great during the job, keeping us updated on progress, clearing up each night, turning up when they said they were going to turn up etc.

We are really pleased with the final result and would recommend Carrie to anyone .

Her contact info is:
email: [b][ email removed - previous issue ][/b]
http://www.plummyplumbers.co.uk/

#39 Margret

Margret

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:14 AM

I can recommend builders from Kobe. They are very friendly and have reasonable prices... very precise with the work
if you need contact - email info@kobe-ref.co.uk or mobile - 07958197887

#40 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:31 PM

I recommend Mac. He carries out small electrical and plumbing repairs very well and he is friendly into the bargain! Tel: 07956510405 e-mail mac771@hotmail.co.uk

Edited by Silver, 01 May 2007 - 01:33 PM.

#41 MissDisco

MissDisco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 05:20 PM

Steve gets a thumbs up from me too. He turned up when he said he would, did what needed to be done quickly with reasonable rates and was friendly to boot. Who could ask for anything more?

#42 paulb101

paulb101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:30 AM

Carrie (of [b][ name removed - previous issue ][/b] - 020 8670 0342) just fitted our shower - pleasant to deal with and did a good job in a reasonable time. Definitely recommended.

#43 JMH

JMH

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

Another thumbs up for Robert Glassbrook (07711 201041). He managed to fit us into his busy schedule when we needed a job done at short notice. We had a new radiator hung, new valves added to all our existing radiators and plumbing extended for a heated towel rail in our shower room. We are very happy with his work and the fair price charged. :D

Edited by JMH, 11 August 2007 - 12:44 PM.

#44 Gipsy

Gipsy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:19 PM

Hi

We're considering turning our small upstairs bathroom into a wet room. From what I've read on the net it is best done by professionals with experience in this as it must be absolutely water tight. Has anyone on VN had one installed or know anyone with experience in installing these?

#45 Rom

Rom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 07:36 PM

Definitely a job for the professionals.

We have just had one installed in our ensuite and we are now in the middle of doing the same to our main bathroom. Generally the guys that do this kind of work are keen to recommend another option eg. shower enclosure particularly as it is very difficult to ensure 100% water tight over a long period (especially in old houses with plenty of movement) and they don't want any comeback. Having said all that, wet rooms look fantastic compared to a standard shower enclosure set up but we have been advised to re-apply the stone sealant on our slate floor on an annual basis (not a big deal but it may put you off). On the whole, it tends to be more expensive because of the additional prep and the various tanking coats required. The chap we are using is a guy called Tim, who is on the recommended list of bathroom installers at West One in Garratt Lane. He's not cheap, but very professional and fastidious, which is what you want when embarking on something like this and definitely worth the money compared to the mob we used for the ensuite wetroom. Let me know if you want his details as I'm reluctant to put it on this site without asking him first.