• This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

#61 Palace Blue

Palace Blue

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 04:48 PM

Can anyone recommend a local outfit who can help us design and install a new bathroom?

Needs to be able to handle building work (to remove an interior wall and cupboard), as well as the usual plumbing, electrical, tiling & fitting.

Any recommendations, tips etc. most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

PB

#62 peggysue

peggysue

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:38 AM

Anyone have the number for Mariusz (recommended by Silver last tear?)
Please PM me if so. Thanks!

"Mariusz just fitted my bath, shower and tiled my bathroom. Considering the age of the property and the bumps in the walls, he did very well. He charges 110 per day but works well and faster than most english workmen (sad but true)

He can do just about anything well and considers the problems and jobs as if he was doing his own house".

#63 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 01:43 PM

Another big thumbs up for Steve who sorted out my aging boiler this morning, and gave me lots of good advice to think about re improving/updating my central heating system :)
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#64 J B

J B

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:53 PM

Well Steve must have done very well from all these posts, just called him and he's told me he's too busy to give quotes!

Just called Robert Glassbrook who was very helpful.
www.londonorthotics.co.uk

#65 MissDisco

MissDisco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:10 PM

Carrie from [b][ name removed - previous issue ][/b] (020 8670 0342) has just done my bathroom for me, she was extremely helpful, friendly and courteous from beginning to end and I wouldn't hesitate to use her again.

#66 schubert82

schubert82

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:41 PM

[b][ name removed - previous issue ][/b] had just installed our shower.

She is friendly,competent and will explain everything clearly if you, like me are a total idiot when it comes to plumbing issues!

The prices are reasonable too. I would definitely recommend her.

email: [b][ email removed - previous issue ][/b]
http://www.plummyplumbers.co.uk/

Irina

#67 ChristineT

ChristineT

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

Guess what? Carrie and Len ([b][ name removed - previous issue ][/b]) have just completed my bathroom too. It was beautifully done and I finally have a shower that works, instead of the trickle I had before! :rolleyes:
I'm so pleased with the work and Carrie's useful advice throughout. I'd definitely recommend her to fellow VNers needing a plumber who's reliable, friendly and very reasonable. :D

Christine

#68 mcbain23

mcbain23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

Another recommendation for Steve from me.

I had a problem with my toilet flushing, which he has sorted out - despite the job requiring a hard to find siphon part.

Friendly guy who also fixed a few other things whilst he was at it.

Good price too, no complaints.

#69 tongtongmccook

tongtongmccook

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:38 PM

have to recommend [b][ name removed - previous issue ][/b] (Carrie) - prompt, clean, good value and great with kids!

#70 big dave

big dave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:35 AM

I've used Steve of S&H who was very professional, polite and honest.

I've also used Robert Glassbrook (07711201041) who I can't recommend highly enough, extremely pleasant to deal with and very reasonable prices

#71 JulesF

JulesF

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:41 AM

I'd certainly recommend Steve too - he replaced a couple of old radiators in our house and gave us a good quote for it. He was extremely helpful with advice as to what we could do to reduce the noise from our rather old heating system, and it seems to have worked!

#72 Spooks

Spooks

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:48 PM

Although they have been previously name-checked on the gas-engineer thread I can also put in a recommendation for N.J. Hunter on the plumbing side of things. A gas safety check, replacement of kitchen taps, installation of shower pump; all done with good attention to detail and fair pricing. Tel 020 8656-7826

#73 sunray

sunray

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

I would recommend Christian. He completely gutted my bathroom, installed a walk-in shower area where an old closet was and completely moved all my pipes etc. to improve the layout of the bathroom. He is also Corgi registered. And he can always recommend someone eg. an electrician to install my shower. Him and his mates are really professional, genuine and reasonably prices.

His number is 07859063388. He always gets back quickly with estimates etc. I had eight estimates before I had my bathroom done and most were really awful - including the ones from federation of master builders. A lot of the builders didn't want to undertake cmplicated work and one even told me I didn't have flue - when I did.

#74 returnedres

returnedres

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:21 PM

I just wanted to recommend yet again Steve on 07711670651. On account of the recommendations here, we hired him to install a new boiler and he did a really excellent job in double-quick time!

#75 flower

flower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:56 PM

I would also like to commend Steve! He recently replaced our boiler at a reasonable price and even came back a week later to take away our old water tank which was a real pian to chop up into bits to get out of the cupboard. Thanks Steve I'm enjoying having hot water and a working shower!! His number is 07711 670651