• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 DaisyGrubber

DaisyGrubber

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:57 AM

Oh yes, iknit are great. They have knitting groups and stuff there.

#17 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:38 AM

I noticed that a small knitting shop has opened at Herne Hill on Railton Road if this is of any interest to anyone.
Rachel
My link

#18 DaisyGrubber

DaisyGrubber

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 03:34 PM

Also Fabric on Lordship Lane (just past the junction with Townley Rd) have some very interesting, unusual, and probably expensive knitting wool, as well as dressmaking and furnishing fabrics and haberdashery. Only just discovered them, what a fab shop.

#19 HeadGardener

HeadGardener

• Sponsors
  • 677 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:08 PM

Just went past the Railton Road shop on the bus. It's tiny but looks lovely. And I'll be going to Fabric next week to nosey around - can't believe I haven't spotted it before! :rolleyes:

#20 ClaireyM

ClaireyM

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:16 PM

The shop next to House of Curtains in Sydenham Road (owned by the same man) sells wool. I asked my Mum to teach me last Saturday and we popped in there. The man who owns it is very knowledgable and said he was expecting a big delivery of wool this week.

#21 DaisyGrubber

DaisyGrubber

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:56 PM

Just went past the Railton Road shop on the bus. It's tiny but looks lovely. And I'll be going to Fabric next week to nosey around - can't believe I haven't spotted it before! :rolleyes:

Likewise - it's been there for two years and I never knew about it. It can't have been well publicised.

#22 belle

belle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

Just a local wool update. I wrote about the Herne Hill wool shop for Transmitter. It's lovely -- and I hear it's moving to a larger venue.

But EVEN MORE excitingly is that House of Linens in Sydenham has some lovely wool now - Rowan (or Debbie Bliss, I can't remember which now) and other proper wools, cottons and bamboo etc.

I was very pleased to find it all in there waiting for me to spend money on it. It's all thanks to the What if Sydenham House of Linens redesign that made me notice the wool.

Edited by belle, 03 June 2011 - 05:45 PM.

Dork Adore - the ultimate haven for geeks!