Posted 18 September 2003 - 04:41 PM

You can find your local NHS Doctor or Dentist by visiting http://www.nhs.uk/

European.vote - EU Referendum

#2 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 01:53 PM

As Lovely Lady Loplop is well into her pregnancy, the little mite is using her teeth for its calcium supply. I believe this is fairly normal !
Anyway, does any of you know of a good local dentist who still operates under the NHS ?
In case it makes a difference, we live in Southwark Borough.

Any suggestions gladly and gratefully received.

(As an aside, i haven't been to my dentist for years, ever since i asked if he could recommend anything for yellow teeth, and he replied "try wearing a brown shirt.")
a carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond

blow

#3 littlepop

littlepop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 02:39 PM

Don't think it makes any difference which borough you're in...

I go to the Bandlish surgery at the top of Gipsy Hill - there are 3 or 4 dentists and they're all v nice and punctual.

#4 Retired_Member_2

Retired_Member_2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:39 PM

My girlfriend recently had root canal work at this place and recommends it (the surgery that is, not root canal surgery)

Mr Brown
130 Knights Hill
SE27 0SR
Lambeth
020 8670 4666

They're also taking on NHS patients

#5 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 12:32 PM

(As an aside, i haven't been to my dentist for years, ever since i asked if he could recommend anything for yellow teeth, and he replied "try wearing a brown shirt.")

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You could try giving up smoking ... that is your picture isn't it?
I go to Lancaster House practice which not surprisingly is in Lancaster Road, South Norwood - just before you reach the junction with the High Street. I see Miss Patel, a very competent and pleasant lady. And they do teeth whitening (but not on the NHS unfortunately).
aka Pie

#6 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 04:02 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oi!!!
I was only joking about yellow teeth, Sylvester !!
I did used to smoke, but stopped about 6 years ago. Woke up after years of 30-a-day and never fancied one ever again !

Thats not me in the picture, either !

blow

#7 cha003

cha003

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 06:41 PM

If it's not too far, I can also recommend the Half Moon Dental Practice in Herne Hill. I had to have loads of stuff done a couple of years ago and they did as much as they possibly could on NHS rates then gave me the choice of whether I wanted the cosmetic-type stuff and gave me prices up front. And I speak as someone who is absolutely terrified of dentists ...

#8 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 10:40 PM

And I speak as someone who is absolutely terrified of dentists ...

Me too, ever since 7 or 8 of them chased me down an alleyway late one night.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions...all are easily accessible as its only the occasional visit she will require.

As for me, Sylvester, a bottle of liquid paper (correction fluid) should do the trick !

blow

#9 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 02:19 PM

I have recently joined Lancaster House - I needed work in a hurry and they were able to book me in quite quickly as an NHS patient. I saw a different dentist, than the one Sylvester mentioned, Dr Ramesh, but she also came across as competent with a pleasant manner. I need more work done, so perhaps I should reserve judgement, but I feel I will be in safe hands which is just as well since I am generally quite dentist-phobic!

#10 squealer23

squealer23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 04:18 PM

There's a good NHS Dental practice opposite GIPSY HILL BR I've been going there for yonks I'd highly recommend this practice...

#11 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 02:53 PM

Given that the posts on this thread are a couple of years old now, can anyone give me an update of a good local dentist.
I live in the Croydon bit of CP (saaarf of Central Hill) though I don't know to what extent address determines which dental practice I can join.
I've been on the nhsdirect site and I have a list of dentists in the area, but personal recommendations would be good.
Ta

#12 jannism

jannism

• Sponsors
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:37 PM

I can recommend Mr and Mrs Owen @ 142 Gispy Hill (opposite the station and down a bit - above the hire shop I think) - 020 8670 5604.

If you're in the catchment area then the surgery at 84a Auckland Road is very good - 020 8653 5146.

Edited by jannism, 30 November 2006 - 03:42 PM.

#13 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:45 PM

Smile, the dentist's on Westow Hill next to the Cambridge will take on anyone regardless of residence - and charge the three-tier NHS rates. I saw Preeti there a few times over the summer and thought she was very good.
opposed to taking terrapins.

#14 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:13 PM

Mr P Weeks opposite All Saints Church on South Norwood Hill/Beulah Hill by the parade of shops. Been going for years and hes still taking on patients i believe.....
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#15 Smoothy

Smoothy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:38 PM

I go to Lancaster House practice which not surprisingly is in Lancaster Road, South Norwood - just before you reach the junction with the High Street. I see Miss Patel, a very competent and pleasant lady. And they do teeth whitening (but not on the NHS unfortunately).

Lancaster Road - I live round the corner from there. I apologise for quoting a very old post, but I have a request from a friend who would like to know how much teeth whitening is at Lancaster House.