#16 benpark

benpark

Ben Park

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:20 AM

Hi,

I need a good NHS dentist in the WN/Knights Hill area. Anybody have any recommendations?

Cheers.

#17 Pussycat

Pussycat

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:36 PM

Hello
I'm a bit of a scaredy-cat when it comes to the dentist :unsure: , but have been going to Unique Dental Care on Norwood Rd (in one of the houses on the right hand side between the Fire Station and Tulse Hill Station). I usually see Vahida Hashemi (I think she owns the practice) and she's always been really patient and gentle with me! I think Vahida may well be on maternity leave at the moment, but friends have seen other dentists there and speak highly of them. Unlike lots of other dentists I've seen over the years Unique have never made me feel pressurised into having a treatment and always explain all the options. Also I think they may still take NHS patients (though not 100% certain). Good luck!

#18 syenite01

syenite01

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:04 PM

Ive just been to Bandlish Dental Surgery on Gipsy Hill Rd and felt compelled to post in here.

After chipping a tooth on sunday, they were able to get me in on monday to look at it. I was pleasantly suprised by the professional setup which closely resembled what I would expect from a dentist in my Antipodean homeland.

I recieved excellent explanations about what was going on with my suspect tooth, xrays promtly confirmed that things were looking bad. After some drilling out the cavity she decided that further work was needed as the nerve also had decay. Whilst fully explaining what was going on, she was kind enough to not use the words 'root canal' until after it was done. I very thoughtful thing as that would have put the fear of God in me.

A bad situation made less traumatic through professionalism and a great explanation of what was being done.

#19 ebyss

ebyss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:59 AM

Hi there!

Any chance of an update on dentist recommends?

I'm looking for one in the Upper Norwood area. Has anyone been to the Gypsy Hill or Norwood Road one recently?

Thanks!

#20 sheff

sheff

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:35 AM

Hi,

I can recommend Bandlish Dental Surgery at the top of Gipsy Hill.
I cracked a tooth in half recently and needed to register urgently.

They said they would do whatever they could to fit me in NHS and phoned back half an hour later to say they could get me in the next day!

Since then i have been back 4 times (in a month!!!) sorting out a few issues and every time i have been happy with the service.

Matt

#21 ebyss

ebyss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 09:44 AM

Hi,

I can recommend Bandlish Dental Surgery at the top of Gipsy Hill.
I cracked a tooth in half recently and needed to register urgently.

They said they would do whatever they could to fit me in NHS and phoned back half an hour later to say they could get me in the next day!

Since then i have been back 4 times (in a month!!!) sorting out a few issues and every time i have been happy with the service.

Matt

Great, thanks Matt - I'll check 'em out. The NHS thing's good - I have a company dental plan that reimburses 100% of costs, so Bandlish defo sounds of interest!

Toby

#22 NickJ

NickJ

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:01 PM

Not exactly Gipsy Hill, but a big recommendation for the Green Lane Dental Centre in Penge (I was there this morning!). My family have been going there for some time - since shortly after its opening, I think. Although you don't often see the wonderful Gabriel, owner of the business and a great dentist, there very often as he also now has a surgery in East Dulwich, he hires good people. Can definitely recommend young Joannis, an excellent dentist. And you can get it all done on the NHS.

#23 Jessica

Jessica

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

Ive recently been to http://www.bandlish.co.uk/ after not visiting a dentist for 3 years. They were very helpful and made me feel at ease teeth are feeling much better. Very nice surgery inside its located top of gipsy hill

#24 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:13 PM

My partner recently moved to Bandlish, after a somewhat excessive quote for work by her previous dentist. The dentist she sees at Bandlish has been great - she has explained everything thoroughly and carried out the work to a high standard. The cost was much more favourable as well. So far, so good.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#25 ebyss

ebyss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:04 AM

My partner recently moved to Bandlish, after a somewhat excessive quote for work by her previous dentist. The dentist she sees at Bandlish has been great - she has explained everything thoroughly and carried out the work to a high standard. The cost was much more favourable as well. So far, so good.

Thanks for posting your feedback. Shocking to say but we've still not registered!

I think we'll swing by Bandlish and give 'em the eyeball.

T

#26 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 10:15 AM

Hi ebyss. I would still recommend Bandlish - my partner has had further treatment there since July and has been impressed. It's amazing (or not) how easy it is to put off registering with a dentist :D. I've got my hygienist check up coming up and am dreading getting the third degree about my flossing habits again. I've always had great teeth but it's amazing how my hygienist can make me feel really crap about my mouth :angry:. I don't go to Bandlish by the way but maybe I should!
Mel, Forum Moderator

#27 matt-h

matt-h

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:30 PM

I joined Bandlish back in April and was really impressed with their service. I actually can't remember the name of my dentist, but she was great and put me at ease after I admitted I hadn't been to a dentist for years. Highly recommended.

#28 ebyss

ebyss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:38 PM

Well, we finally got around to checking out Bandlish!

They were very good, extremely professional, and my wife got Dr. Bandlish himself.

She had root canal, plus a gold crown, and was very pleased with the outcome, despite being extremely nervous initially.

Expensive, but then what dentist isn't..? I have no idea how Bandlish's prices compare to other practices but in terms of professionalism, explaining what work was needed, costs, etc., Bandlish were extremely good.

Thanks for the recommendation! :)

#29 lovelydai

lovelydai

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

Thanks for these recommendations. I need an emergency appointment and the Bandish practice can fit me in today at 12.30 and 4 pm. Dr Bandish is giving up his lunch hour as I'm going away tomorrow for the weekend and have a broken tooth. I also need a lot of expensive stuff done but have been putting it off for years but self employment through the recession has meant me putting if off until my mouth looks like a cemetery after the Bullingdon Club have had a night out in it.

Will keep you posted.

#30 lovelydai

lovelydai

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

Ow ow ow ow ow! He REALLY hurt and charged me £200 for the experience. I was traumatised for two days. AND I have to go back. Haven't been hurt like that for so much money since I visited that strict Dutch woman on Central Hill. I've only suffered pain like that at a dentist once, and didn't go back for fifteen years. Make your own mind up about the guy, but I'm not sure I can recommend.