Odd Jobber / Handyman

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#16 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:49 AM

I told you about this guy bewfore and people were interested but he then got too much work. He is now available again and I recommend that you take advantage of his services. He has done my electrics, plumbing, kitchen, bathroom; even fed the cat!! He really is great. You can even make a list of all those little jobs you never get done and hire him for a day! Phone Jordan on 07882367581 and say you heard about him on the Forum.

#17 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:09 PM

I have talked about this guy before. He has done work for me and others on this site. He has done tiling for me which was good, electrics and plumbing. He works hard and is vry obliging. NOthing is too much trouble and he is especially good with people like me who may not think about everything. I like him very much and find him easy to deal with.
His name is Jordan and his number is tel 07882367581

I mentioned before that he is perfect for all those little jobs you keep meaning to do. You could make a list of jobs and book him for a day. It would be well worth it.

#18 Angela

Angela

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:35 PM

We are in need of a handy man who is able to seal the joint around a leaking pipe. It is quite a simple job - however... the pipe is 3 storeys up! The workman who fitted it did so by leaning out of the window and wasn't able to do a very good job. The best way to get to the pipe would be from the outside, and it seems like such a waste of money to get full scaffolding for a 5 minute job. It would require a 3 stage ladder, and this could be secured with a rope at the top to prevent toppling, but of course we are happy to take advice on this from an expert.

If you know any one who would take on quite a difficult, but simple job then please contact me.

Thanks

angela

#19 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:57 AM

I think you'll find that workmen aren't allowed to go more than three rungs ;) up a ladder nowadays due to new health and safety regulations. Even satellite dish installers suck their teeth if you ask them to go onto your roof. Maybe you need to get hold of the window cleaner that scales the outside of the Salvation Army building wearing nothing but trousers and holding a shammy in his right hand. He appears to be unaware of HASAW.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#20 The Joker

The Joker

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:38 AM

I contacted Mr Fix-It (as mentioned previously on this thread) today. Unfortunately they do not currently have any staff covering this area at present. They used to, but he left. They are looking to recruit so perhaps they will have someone by the summer.

#21 Molly

Molly

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:53 PM

Angela, we have exactly the same job needing done and also live in a 3 storey house. I've just stripped the wet wallpaper off the internal walls that are in contact with the leaking downpipe and turned the heating up to get them to dry out. If you have any luck finding some-one I'd love to know and vise-versa.

James, I love that guy. Where would CP be without the topless male window cleaner and his trolley of cleaning goods. :)

#22 smith and browne

smith and browne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:19 AM

We hired Jordan for a day last week, as recommended by Silver. He was lovely, very fairly priced and did a great job. He did a few odd-jobs and some plumbing that needed sorting. I would highly recommend him. He'll certainly be my first port of call next time we need anything doing. You can contact him on 07882367581.

#23 Galena

Galena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:35 PM

I just wanted to add that I have had Jordan round to fit kitchen cupboards and he is very professional and affordable (thanks for the recommendation Silver!).

Even convinced me to go to Bulgaria on my next travels, as he says the Black Sea resorts are amazing. I'd definitely recommend him for building/handyman work.

#24 Luciepoo

Luciepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:53 AM

Another vote for Jordan from me, very polite & tidy and even took his shoes off as soon as he walked in the front door! Thanks for the recommendation!

#25 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:48 PM

Ditto on every detail from me! The best handyman I have employed thus far.

#26 Pussycat

Pussycat

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:37 PM

Another thumbs up for Jordan, he did a great job fixing our front door which had a dodgy lock fitting. The door now opens and closes (and more importantly locks!) with no problems at all. A small job, but not one I was capable of tackling. Jordan turned up when he said he would was professional and charged a very reasonable rate.
We'll definitely be calling him back to do various other bits and pieces.

Thanks for the recommendation!

#27 Mell_st

Mell_st

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:54 PM

To find and easily compare tradesmen I can recommend http://www.eGenie.co.uk. That's a website where customers post their wish (whatever has to be done) and several tradesmen give estimates. If you want to find the right tradesman eGenie.co.uk is the way to do it (in my eyes). I'm late but hopefully not too late.. ;-)

#28 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 02:28 PM

Does Jordan also do small removals?

#29 Molly

Molly

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:18 AM

I can also now recommend Jordan too for general diy jobs.

#30 Miss Mop

Miss Mop

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 06:31 PM

I can thoroughly recommend Andy of Andyman Services. He came last week with his labourer, Richard, and they laid concrete foundations for my newly purchased garden shed. Today they came back, erected it in no time. They also trimmed my tree for me whilst they were here. His no is 07719 092146.
www.missmop.co.uk