• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Mango

Mango

Forum Fruit

• Sponsors
  • 772 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 04:04 PM

I've been using Riverfords for a month now and so far I think it's excellent. The quality of their produce has been great – it also lasted for weeks.

The delivery always arrives the same time of day and they put it exactly where I ask.

They are very flexible with your ordering; the distributor (who lives in West Norwood) spent twenty minutes on the phone with me sorting out what would be the best options for my family – I now have different boxes on different weeks to maximise variety and quantity. Basically he was extremely helpful.

Of course, this might all change, but if anyone is thinking of going organic or making a switch from another supplier I'd recommend trying Riverfords.

Edited by Crushed Mango 2, 30 September 2005 - 04:09 PM.

M A N G O

#2 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 04:51 PM

ooh, they look good. I'll give them a try!

They seem to be cheaper than Abel and Cole?

#3 Mango

Mango

Forum Fruit

• Sponsors
  • 772 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:53 PM

Not sure about cheaper - about the same I think - I actually spend more because I have seperate fruit and veg boxes alternated with the mixed one every week, but I never need to buy meat or veg, and very little fruit from the supermarket now . . .

Still spent £120 in Tesco's at the weekend though!

:blink: :o
M A N G O

#4 skigirl

skigirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 01:59 PM

I've been using them for a couple of months now - really good & very impressed with the service and the quality of the veggies & fruit. Have started to stockpile potatoes & onions now though (you get them every week in the separate veggie boxes) so am changing to the mixed veg & fruit box to get my stocks down. They leave it every week in my recycling box in the front garden - luckily they come on different days.

I think they are cheaper than Abel and Cole as you get more in the box. :D

#5 jannism

jannism

• Sponsors
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:40 PM

If you want some decent organic meat then I can also recommend Brown Cow Organics. They're not cheap and you'll need a freezer but if you're stocking up for Christmas I urge you to treat yourselves.

Unfortunately they whack on nearly a tenner for delivery for you Londoners :P but I bought a selection the other week and can honestly say it's the tastiest meat I've ever had and I won't buy from anywhere else now (Why would I? They're just round the corner so I get free delivery :D ).

Edited by jannism, 03 October 2005 - 07:41 PM.

#6 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:31 AM

Is there anyone who delivers meat and fish in London that doesn't cost the earth? We can't afford the meat and fish from Abel & Cole and a tenner delivery charge is a bit steep.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#7 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:42 AM

If it's sausages you're after - take a trip to Beckenham:

http://www.englishsa...m/mainpage.html
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#8 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:45 AM

Wow, can't wait to try the 'kangeroo and tomato' ones! :blink:
Mel, Forum Moderator

#9 jannism

jannism

• Sponsors
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:03 PM

If you can get hold of the Geordie fish boys then you can place a monthly order with them. I know it sounds a bit unbelievable but they've good quality fish and I don't recall them being expensive. I know they're still about because my mum got some a month or so back when they visited Waldegrave Road.

I last used them about five years ago when I lived in South Norwood - I think it's the same bunch of guys. I'll ask her if she has any further info and let you know.

#10 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:36 PM

Your mum lives in the same road as me! Thanks - if you could get more info that would be great.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#11 jannism

jannism

• Sponsors
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:46 AM

Gekko, me muvva's looking for a phone number for the fishy on a dishy guys.

She told me not to hold my breath though.

#12 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 11:02 AM

Cool - thanks
Mel, Forum Moderator

#13 Sedgley Warrior

Sedgley Warrior

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:48 AM

I tried Riverfords the other week, on the recommendation of Mango, and I must say it's the best piece of advice he's ever given me! They are really very good - fantastic produce with a longer shelf life than other rival companies. I am now a regular and eating a much better diet. Who needs Morriways anyway!? :P

#14 Mango

Mango

Forum Fruit

• Sponsors
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:51 AM

and boy have I had to give you a lot of advice over the years!! Sort your life out man!!!

Edited by Crushed Mango 2, 26 October 2005 - 09:51 AM.

M A N G O

#15 Sedgley Warrior

Sedgley Warrior

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:43 PM

and boy have I had to give you a lot of advice over the years!! Sort your life out man!!!

Hmmm… :blink: