Photo

Still Luigi's

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Restaurant? (22 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Restaurant?

1. Excellent (7 votes [30.43%])

Percentage of vote: 30.43%

2. Good (4 votes [17.39%])

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

3. Average (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

4. Poor (6 votes [26.09%])

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 06:09 PM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Restaurant

Still Luigi's
129 Gipsy Hill, SE19 1QS
Open Monday to Sunday 12pm to 10.30pm

Web: www.luigis-online.co.uk
Email: not available
Phone: 0871 811 1439
Fax: 020 8670 1396

Italian restaurant with seating for 70 people.

#2 Taverndwellers

Taverndwellers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:35 PM

Visited "Still Luigi's" very recently, and enjoyed our experience there. The dishes were all well presented, and tasted delicious. The manager is friendly, and you do get the traditional Italian experience. The Cognac here is also very well chosen and of a generous measure.

That being said, the restaurant is either practically empty (and was for us) or booked up for family parties/weddings etc. We also think that the menu is slightly on the expensive side, although you are paying for quality.

Overall a good experience, but not outstanding considering the price.

#3 anerleymartin

anerleymartin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:30 PM

I'd agree on the quality and service but not on the price. If you take a walk around the restaurants and bistros in the Crystal Palace triangle the prices are the same, and in some cases more expensive. I doubt there is a better Mediterranean restaurant in the area. I've been a few times and heartily recommend it.

#4 Bond

Bond

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 02:39 PM

We went to "Still Luigi's" on Saturday night (primarily because "The Mansion" was packed out) and were very pleasantly surprised. I had expected somewhere really old fashioned and a little grim and whilst it was certainly not sleek, shiny and modern the atmosphere, service and food were very good indeed. Plenty of people - perhaps a little older than us but very friendly - big portions, good food and wine, attentive service. Really enjoyed it - almost despite ourselves (AND they were still welcoming diners at 11.30 pm !). And, I thought, pretty reasonably priced.

Edited by Bond, 19 February 2007 - 02:39 PM.

#5 Urma

Urma

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 12:04 PM

I've been several times, and have always enjoyed it. Must agree that it seems to be either very empty or very full, but both Granny and kids enjoy the experience (although the Sunday when we all went for an early evening meal, the one and only waiter had clearly enjoyed a very good lunch and was prone to bursting into song, bringing icecream for every course, and dropping glasses - all a bit Basil Fawlty, but actually very funny. We weren't in a rush!).

Good food, perfectly acceptable wines, great service that extends to old and young alike.

With the Mansion just over the road for a pre- and/or post-prandial(s), it's a really good night out!

#6 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:04 PM

We went to still luigi's last friday for a nice 3 course meal with the other half...... was so so tastey and very rustic in its presentation, mussels to start , then onto a shoulder of lamb in a lovely light juice, and then tiramisu with a gorgeous red wine for the duration of the meal, friendly service with a helping of Julio Inglesias piping out of the speakers for a little step back in time. Definatley will be back again soon.
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#7 syenite01

syenite01

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:38 PM

walked past 'Still Luigi's' today with Mrs Syenite and noticed that the sign has been covered up and the menu says 'Luigi's'. perhaps its now just luigi's.

It has also followed suit with The Mansion and moved!!
the menu says Luigi's Gipsy Hill Dulwich.

I liked how it moved into Dulwich without a noticeable change! menu still looks great

#8 Downsouth

Downsouth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:00 PM

I went for an evening meal and it was empty. Notwithstanding the food was simply excellent. On par with what you get in Italy. The wone list was also good and the starters were of a good standard. The manager was very friendly and I will definitely go back.I would agree that it is on the steeper side but I don't mind provided you get what you pay for and we most definitely did.

#9 dta

dta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 12:17 PM

Have been going to this restaurant for nearly 20 years and never been disappointed. The service is always attentive and the food consistently of the highest quality. If you want a real treat ask Ginaro if the chef will prepare a beef carpaccio starter - you won't taste better anywhere and its a shame they don't put this on the regular menu. Had a table of 6 last night midweek and everyone was rightly impressed throughout. It's a great shame how quiet the place can be mid week. The standard, quality and friendliness certainly deserve better custom.

#10 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 08:42 PM

Have been going to this restaurant for nearly 20 years and never been disappointed. The service is always attentive and the food consistently of the highest quality. If you want a real treat ask Ginaro if the chef will prepare a beef carpaccio starter - you won't taste better anywhere and its a shame they don't put this on the regular menu. Had a table of 6 last night midweek and everyone was rightly impressed throughout. It's a great shame how quiet the place can be mid week. The standard, quality and friendliness certainly deserve better custom.

Never been - as this is at the bottom of the hill and I am on the top. This is enough of a recommendation to make us give it a go though - thanks :)

#11 Muffy

Muffy

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 12:16 PM

Had not been to this restaurant for a while despite living very nearbye
The reason was usually the service to be honest
However went there at the weekend and was pleasantly surprised
New waitress was very nice and friendly
Food very good and wine to die for - quality is always worth paying for
I would encourage another visit as having tried other Italian places locally the food in here is better than most of them

Edited by Nick, 10 May 2009 - 01:21 PM.
Removed quoting of intro post.

#12 sheff

sheff

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

Went for the second time on Friday.
Was again really impressed with the food.
We both had starters and pasta dishes and my seafood spaghetti was really really good!

Will definitely be going back and the overall cost was reasonable.

Was busier than I've seen it before, sometimes it can seem a bit quiet..

Service was really good and the owner is engaging and it appears to have a a few regulars.

#13 AlexK

AlexK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

great food

#14 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Yesterday first time ever. Well surprised by quality and taste. Had a roast baby chicken of which I wasn't expecting too much except a nice chicken and was surprised by an incredibly tasty, juicy baby chicken covered in chili and herbs. Absolutely delicious. Will definitely go again!