• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#1 Kindle

Kindle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:54 PM

Hi - any recommendations for a reliable spark in the SE19 area?

#2 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:00 AM

Hello Kindle...and welcome,

I have someone coming round in a couple of weeks....very knowledgeable and very fair rates.
His name's Jeff, i haven't got his number to hand, but there was an earlier thread on this forum, and his details were there.
I'm having trouble finding the link to the thread at the moment.......moderator, if you please.
a carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond

blow

#3 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:27 AM

Here you go:

Electricians
Mel, Forum Moderator

#4 Kindle

Kindle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for the help

#5 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:23 AM

No probs and welcome to the site Kindle. :)
Mel, Forum Moderator

#6 Lilian

Lilian

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:55 PM

I'd also recommend Jody on 07773 849371 - I called this morning and they came around this afternoon and did the work. I'm very happy!

#7 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 10:33 PM

I have someone coming round in a couple of weeks....very knowledgeable and very fair rates.
His name's Jeff, i haven't got his number to hand, but there was an earlier thread on this forum, and his details were there.
I'm having trouble finding the link to the thread at the moment.......moderator, if you please.

Following on from my earlier posting, Jeff (JJ Electrics 07904954293) has just finished quite a bit of work Chez Loplop. The work he did was excellent, the price was very good and he's a smashing bloke ! Highly recommended.
a carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond

blow

#8 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 10:03 AM

Can only agree - Jeff's the man !!!

I have had him working in my house before, really fair guy and really nice - I paid much less than I thought I would :)
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#9 Smidster

Smidster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:19 PM

Can anyone recommend an electrician in the Sydenham area?

#10 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:18 AM

As Jeff is based in Beulah Hill he will happily go to jobs in the Sydenham area too - he's a great, trustworthy guy and has helped many VN'ers out over the last couple of years - 0790 495 4293 JJH Electrics.

cheers

a happy shopper...
:)

Edited by Palacegirl, 09 August 2006 - 10:20 AM.

#11 Fightsong

Fightsong

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:43 PM

Oh by gosh, this is my first topic on here! Hello everyone!! B)

Anyhoooooo, I am due to move into a new flat in Sydenham come the 7th October and would like to be pointed in the direction of a cheap (now remember that word 'cheap', and emphasise it as much as need be!!) qualified electrican.

I will be having five light fittings put in and possibly four external sockets in the kitchen too (the current sockets are not very versatile for fridges and what have you) on hopefully Monday 10th October - sadly the only day I can take off work....you'd think they would give their long-time employees a bt of leeway but oh no, damn them! Do electricians work Saturdays I wonder, would be very handy if they did but for now let's aim for the 10th October.

So people......any reccommendations for me?

Many thanks,

Moi

#12 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 12:31 PM

as I said before - Jeff is the man..... he works evenings or Saturdays - just call him to arrange.

He seems to have done lots of work for lots of VN'ers..... fair price and a cool guy too.

welcome on VN anyways!!! :rolleyes:

#13 charlottedare

charlottedare

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 12:27 PM

Jeff did some work for us. Nice guy, but check that he's got his scheduling sorted out. He didn't show up on one job, and then rearranged on another at the last minute. Not a problem if you're based at home, but rather a pain when you've had to take time off work.

#14 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 12:48 PM

I'll contribute another recommendation for Jeff, and his excellent co-Spark Fabio. They've just done a full ring of rewiring in our place and it seems a fine job. They helped us arrive at the right decisions about where and how many sockets to put in, after listening to us ramble about our uncertain needs (redoing a whole place is filled with difficult decisions about things you might not have any prior experience with). There were a few issues with difficulty in scheduling. Jeff is a pretty busy guy and ended up showing up pretty late for one meeting. Be sure you are very explicit with him on your scheduling limitations.

#15 JMH

JMH

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:33 AM

Just like to add my recommendation for Jeff. We moved to Crystal Palace last Thursday and contacted Jeff based on this board's recommendations. He managed to fit us in at late notice, fixed the shower room extractor fan and gave us advice on new socket locations and outside light installation. It wasn't the most straight forward of jobs as the wiring in the flat wasn't done properly by the previous owner. His charges are very reasonable - £45 for the first hour (or part of), or £30 an hour.