• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#16 charlottedare

charlottedare

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:25 PM

I forgot before to say that after we gave up on Jeff we used A W Perry, South Norwood several times. They've been excellent, reliable and good value.

#17 anopheles

anopheles

Anopheles

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:27 PM

Does anyone know of one ? There seem to be recommendations for almost everything else ! Perhaps they are so rare that they are being kept under assorted hats.... :unsure:
Anopheles

#18 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:34 PM

Hi Anolpheles - did you try a search under 'electrician'? There's a thread here:

Electricians

Edited by gekko, 31 October 2006 - 05:34 PM.

Mel, Forum Moderator

#19 anopheles

anopheles

Anopheles

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 05:46 PM

Thanks so much to all and sundry - had gone cross-eyed :blink: looking and now have 2 highly recommended ones so will try them without delay.

Jeff - 0790-495-4293

Jody - 0777-384-9371

Anopheles

#20 palacemate

palacemate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:16 PM

The name is Jeff from JJH Electrics telephone number 07904 954 293, his thread has been passed through the site for about a year with plenty of recommendations! He has worked on many properties within the area and as pointed out is a very busy electrician but with an expanding company so scheduling should not be such a problem. My suggestion would be to call a couple of times if you reach his voicemail because he is often working on location with no reception so do keep trying - he is definitely worth the wait and is the most competively priced Sparky in the area.

Edited by palacemate, 20 November 2006 - 09:21 PM.

#21 iclipper

iclipper

Former WN'er....

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:47 PM

Has anyone used Jeff recently?
I need some work done and wondered if he was still as good as he always seemed to be?

Edited by iclipper, 26 April 2007 - 12:47 PM.

#22 lallyb

lallyb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:22 PM

Jeff put some new kitchen lights up for us a couple of weeks ago, and did a good job for a very fair price.

#23 JMH

JMH

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:37 PM

Jeff rewired our bedroom and ensuite shower room recently. This is the second time we've used him and as always he does a good job at a very reasonable price. It took 3 or 4 phone calls before we managed to get hold of him this last time but he's worth it. I believe he's also been doing a big job involving night work over the past few weeks so probably best to try and catch him in the afternoons.

Edited by JMH, 26 April 2007 - 01:38 PM.

#24 OG_Mudboom

OG_Mudboom

• Pending Removal
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:51 PM

Last year when I moved to UN, I asked the very friendly indian (?) dude who owns the DIY store on westow street for a sparky. He gave me Mustafas number: 07960 188 436. So far he's removed my old storage heater which was wired to the ECB (even lifted the thing off the wall which is no mean feat if you've ever tried it! I had to take the 16 fire bricks out before I could get it to the dump.) And he also sourced and changed the thermostat and element in my electric water boiler ( a dodgy old one which took some searching). All in all, very friendly guy, arrives promptly, works speedily (but safely) and totally recommended. Says on his card he is 16th ed. qualified, does electrical installation and rewiring, fault finding and repairs, design and fitting. Don't know what all that means but you may.

rgds, The Mudboom. (OG)
Either they don't know, don't show...or just don't care what's going on in Norwood.

#25 beefqueen

beefqueen

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:01 PM

Another vote for Jeff - he did some work for me over the weekend and I'm very pleased with the results. If I get the place I'm trying to buy, he will be round fixing the storage heaters before I can say, "***, I'm cold."

#26 JulesF

JulesF

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 10:43 AM

I'd certainly recommend Jeff - called me back a couple of hours after leaving him a message, came round the next day and did the work there and then. Charged a fair price for it too I would say.

#27 janeyp

janeyp

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:37 PM

I'm here to big-up Jeff, too! Gave him a buzz and mentioned he was highly recommended by VN. He popped round the next day to give me a quote and was able to fit me in a couple of days later to do the work. Quick, efficient and well-priced.

#28 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:15 AM

Another thumbs up for Jeff and his crew who have just done a small job for us.

Had great difficulty getting hold of him in the first place but once I'd got the work booked it all went swimmingly and he was very good at keeping me informed.

#29 patrick

patrick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:40 PM

It seems like I'm going against the grain, but we used Jeff and although he did one job pretty well he told us a chandelier light that we'd been having problems with couldn't be fixed. We later found another spark who simply put in a new transformer and it's fine. Also, Jeff didn't offer any kind of receipt for the work done.

#30 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:59 PM

:rolleyes: ... maybe he had a bad day .... I have just used Jeff again on the weekend with quite a complex job - fair price and solved with no issues....

Palacegirl
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....