• This topic is locked This topic is locked
124 replies to this topic

#91 JuliaABM

JuliaABM

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

Another thumbs up for Jeff (07904 954 293). We definitely recommend him and would use him again in the future. It's good to find tradesmen you can trust to do a good job.

#92 determinedmoth

determinedmoth

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:00 AM

I've a request for a different kind of electrician.

I have a pair of floor-standing speakers, and one of them seems to be malfunctioning - muffled sound. After putting out a few feelers, consensus is that some tinkering with a multimeter and soldering iron would likely fix it.

Any electrician's here that would be willing to give that a crack?

#93 vicki p

vicki p

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

Another recommendation for Jeff who has just fitted 4 lights in my home and sorted out another one that we'd managed to get up, but not managed to stop it shorting out.

He also replaced all my light switched with new ones.

At £30/hour very reasonable, and so friendly and helpful and tidy.

Vicki

#94 Mulchdown

Mulchdown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

Yet another recommendation for Jeff. It is a rare thing to have a tradesman visit your home and to recommend that you don't use him and to save our money! We asked Jeff to quote for rewiring our door intercom - but he suggested we just fit a wireless intercom ourselves. He even helped us get hold of a suitable one at a good price. Many thanks Jeff - 07904 954 293

#95 miss_g

miss_g

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

Can I just give Jeff a massive shout out...he really is amazing, has sorted some really big problems out in our house and also recommended him to a neighbour and he did the same, for a VERY reasonable price, really friendly, very reliable, just left him to it all for 2 days in the house while I went out with my toddler.
Just brilliant. Cheers - see you very soon for more work on our victorian house!
Andrea

#96 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

Thank you for recommendation of Jeff .. he came, he did the job he's very reasonable priced and he id a GREAT job. Def calling him again in the future.

Thanks guys ...
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#97 subee

subee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Another recommendation for Jeff. Came on here the other day with an urgent electrical problem. Phoned Jeff at 9:30am and left a message. He came round and completed the job by 11am. All for £60 (call out fee and replacement part). Very happy!

#98 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:27 PM

And another recommendation forJeff.... Had to have my gas meter moved to a different point (British Gas managed to set up originally at such a stupid point that nobody under 7ft was able to take a reading...). They then didn't want to move it, instead they asked me to get an electrician in.. :angry:

However, Jeff came and sorted it within 30 min.... brilliant job and really reasonable rate.

As usual - happy client :)
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#99 djb

djb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Many thanks (yet again!) to Jeff (07904 954 293) who came and fixed some halogen spots for us. He even called beforehand to say he could come to us an earlier than planned as his previous job had finished early. He's a done a few bits and pieces for us now - each time, he's done a great job!

#100 Yorkie

Yorkie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

The best electrician by far that we have come across is Dave Brookes (07810 463527). He just finished several jobs for us and was highly professional (explained what he was doing, and why, so that even we could understand), considerate and reasonably priced - everything you could ask for. On top of which he's a great guy.

#101 andirella

andirella

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Just had a visit from the lovely Jeff to fix a dodgy socket (07904 954293). Very quick and efficient . Will definitely use again.

#102 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

All,
I just had a message from Jeff / Electrician - he has been taken into hospital and will not be available for at least 6 weeks - fingers crossed he will recover properly and soon!!!

#103 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

As Jeff is sadly out of action now I am desperate for a new contact / electrician.

It is probably only a very small job as I think the fuse in the socket has gone but I don't want to touch it.
Have got a very adventurous (if not dangerous) temporary fix in place via two extension leads, but really need to get it sorted before Xmas.
Anybody know of guys who take on small jobs and don't charge a fortune?

#104 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Did you find anyone Palacegirl? I need a pendant light replacing.

#105 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Yes I did but not the best experience :(