• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#31 BonBon

BonBon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:13 PM

I've tried some of those mentioned on the thread already and it appears were in need of someone willing to take on a hardcore landscaping than just prettying up the garden as such. Has anyone got any other recommendations?

#32 treacletoes

treacletoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 07:38 AM

we used www.earth-craft.com for ours - but it was a big 3 week job of clearing, decking lawn etc. They only take on quite big jobs and do soft and hard lanscaping

#33 BonBon

BonBon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

Thanks but we tried them before for a quote. The guy came over said he was very interested in the job and then never bothered to send a quote. I chased him for a couple of months (it was just before xmas so he had a few weeks grace) but he came up with every excuse under the sun and kept saying he'd send it but never did. I gave up in the end, if it's that hard getting a quote from him and he's that unreliable, then he's not the sort of person we want to have working for us anyway.

Luckily, we've found another company now. They're due to start work soon and they've dealt with the whole process very professionally so far, so I've got high hopes.

#34 treacletoes

treacletoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:14 PM

thats strange- the experience we had with them was really good! Quote was very reasonable and everything delivered on time - and was really well finished - even some free aftercare. Our neighbours also used them afterwards and recommended them on to their friends ... oh well - I guess people have different experiences of the same suppliers!

#35 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:22 AM

Has anyone had any contact with Jane from the Plot lately? I e-mailed here a couple of weeks ago, but have had no reply, which is not like her.
Rachel
My link

#36 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 12:11 PM

have you tried to call her? 07947 756 914

I know she had problem with the email filter (i.e. she was getting my home emails but not from work account) so I called her ... and the mistery was solved!!!
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#37 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:45 PM

Thanks, I'll do that.
Rachel
My link

#38 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:01 AM

Hi BonBon,

How did you get on with the company who were doing your garden?

I'm also considering a gardener and liked the look of Jane at The Plot having read all the good reviews on here. However, we do need some reflagging and a couple of fence panels changing before planting commences and I assume that Jane's company won't do this?
Mel, Forum Moderator

#39 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

Plus I still haven't managed to get hold of her inspite e-mails and phone messages...
Rachel
My link

#40 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:41 PM

We also get a high level of search queries for her, so I'd imagine lots of other people are trying to get in touch with her, or find out more. She could definitely do with a web site.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#41 titans21

titans21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:52 PM

She does have a website...and last time I spoke to her, her cellph had been stolen, so she was on a temp number! She emailed me last night, but at home, so don't have details on hand sorry. Keep trying, she's very good.

#42 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:05 PM

We're currently on Jane's books too. She doesn't work on The Plot stuff every day and sometimes doesn't get to email until very late at night due to children and gardening keeping her away from the computer. In my experience, you will get a reponse.

Meanwhile: www.theplotgardeningcompany.co.uk

#43 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

Ah yes, sorry I missed it...
http://www.theplotga...gcompany.co.uk/

Perhaps it is also worth mentioning Kate's (Scrappy) web site too...
http://www.thegardenconsultancy.com

European.vote - EU Referendum

#44 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:17 PM

Thanks Spoon!
Rachel
My link

#45 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:30 PM

Pleasure.

James, is Scrappy's an actual gardening company? Looks to be a web design consultancy but it might just be me. I am quite prepared to have missed something.