• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#76 Molly

Molly

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:50 PM

Lovely Jan Cockcroft from the Secret Garden does planting and maintenance. She's RHS and City and Guilds trained and has been gardening since 1995. She lives in Crystal Palace so understand CP soils and conditions. Her contact number is 0208 653 8737. We haven't used her services yet but plan to over the summer.

#77 Helen B

Helen B

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:18 PM

We've just used the lovely Steve from Wimbledon. He knocked down and rebuilt walls, rendered, constructed new fencing and painted, laid a whole lovely stone path circle feature in the front garden, removed debris, cleared weeds, tidied trees, the lot.

Highly recommended. Say Mark and Helen sent you.

http://www.gardenlan...pinglondon.com/

#78 Redbunny23

Redbunny23

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:47 AM

We have just had our scrub of a back yard tidied, flattened and turfed by Terra Firma. Polite, tidy, quick and it now looks like a garden which we didn't think it every would!

www.terrafirmalandscapes.com
020 8769 7321

Ask for Steve who is a CP local.

#79 JuliaABM

JuliaABM

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:14 PM

Could anyone recommend a good, hardworking gardener that doesn't mind getting his hands dirty and knows what he's doing? We had a gardener to help get our garden 'nice' a year or so ago, but he was so lazy he spent most of the time staring into space and smoking cigars. We don't want anything fancy, just someone who knows when to cut things back and generally keep a garden looking nice, once every few weeks or something.

Thanks!!

#80 claudia

claudia

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

I used Jane from the Plot Company a couple of months ago, based on the good reviews she's had on here - and they really are very good and very reasonable. They spent a day and a half with two of them battling the jungle of my garden (I've just moved to a new house and the previous owner clearly didn't do anything for years). They were really hard working and friendly, brought all their own tools and took all the rubbish away with them. I'll be using them again in the spring, higly recommended.

http://www.theplotga...ing frames.html

#81 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

Send a PM to Happymundays who is a member of Virtual Norwood and does garden maintenance. She comes once a month to tidy my garden and do planting. I would definitely recommend her.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#82 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

Looking for quotes for regular lawn mowing in a communal garden in the Church Road area - Not a large area, but some of the bits of lawn are on slopes. Please contact me asap to discuss if anyone is interested (possibility of further gardening services, i.e., beyond just lawn mowing, at some point).

Thanks,

SL

#83 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:27 PM

Hey SL,

Drop a PM to Miranda, details above to see if this is the kind of thing she'd be interested in. I've been using her on a monthly basis since last year and couldn't be happier. Would recommend her in a minute.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#84 muji

muji

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:12 PM

My elderly neighbour needs someone cheap and cheerful just to trim his leylandii hedges. Full gardening services are not really required but neither does he want a 'cowboy' to do them.

#85 guineagirl

guineagirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:25 PM

Just want to make a recommendation for Jack's Gardens (www.jacks-gardens.co.uk) who have recently done some landscaping work in my garden - thanks to them I have a new flowerbed, garden path and bike shed where I used to have bare concrete.

They were extremely easy to work with, flexible with timings, kept everything clean & tidy, and the price was very reasonable.

Now I have a huge south-facing flowerbed to fill...think it may end up staying dormant over the winter but am looking forward to planting it up in the spring.

#86 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:14 AM

For want of a better place to post this...

I'd like to recommend fantastic Polish part gardener/part PE teacher Slawek, whom I found on Rated People. He and his colleague ordered, delivered and dug in well-rotted manure and top soil, moved and repotted some plants and tidied up my garden for little over £100. He returned yesterday to mend a fence that had started leaning precariously and I intend to have him back in the new year to erect some trellising to improve my security. He is affordable, reliable, hard-working and tidy, and, as a highly educated man, his English is better than many a native's! http://www.ratedpeop...infinito/index / 07940 921572

#87 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:52 AM

Oh, and I forgot to say that one of the gardens Slawek maintains won the Bromley in Bloom competition. :)

#88 tekton23

tekton23

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:35 AM

Hi,

We have had a great spring clean for our garden, which included clearing massive amounts of ivy along the front of our house. We will do a lot of the planting ourselves but he took on most of the jobs that we didn't want to do. Alex did it all for us, he is very friendly and keeps tidy at the end of the day, which many don't! He gave us a reduced rate as he is fairly new to the area. His number is 07956 508024.

T23