• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 belle

belle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:17 AM

I'm still traipsing over to my old optician every time I need an appointment. Since I always have a terrible experience whenever I go there, it struck me that it was time for a change! What I hate most about my current place is the fact that there's a different optician every time I go. I'd really like to go to the same person each time if possible. Anyone ever use the optician on the Triangle? What about the specsavers in Penge? I've left it really late and am on my final pair of contact lenses, so any thoughts would be much appreciated
Dork Adore - the ultimate haven for geeks!

#2 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:13 AM

Just used the one up the Palace they seemed very nice & thorough !

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#3 croesus

croesus

• Sponsors
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:35 AM

I've used Woodfalls in West Norwood for several years and I'm quite happy with them.

#4 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:07 PM

I haven't seen an opticians up on the triangle...
B)
a carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond

blow

#5 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:14 PM

the opticians in the triangle has been there for years which probably means its good... i havent been there myself - yet...but im sure it will give you a good service....
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#6 BenMc

BenMc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:17 PM

I went to Crystal Eyecare on Westow street.

Visiting optometrist there is available Wednesdays and Saturdays I think. She was very thorough and pleasant although the cost for eye exam and contact lens consultation was quite steep at £45 (including 2 check ups and trial lenses for a month) - we were there an hour I suppose so not a ridiculous charge.
I would recommend them.

#7 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:41 PM

I went to them (they are in Westow Hill) a few years back to try out soft contact lenses. I found them expensive and quite unhelpful when I had some problems. I just gave up on them. Further afield (for glasses) I have found Vision Express in Croydon quite good - I appreciate not having the usual 'they'll be ready in a week' spiel which turns into 2 or 3 weeks though you have to hang around a bit for the same-day service. I have seen a different optician each time (which you might hate) but I've found the couple of ones I've seen so far efficient and helpful, so didn't mind.

#8 howdy

howdy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:04 AM

I went to them (they are in Westow Hill) a few years back to try out soft contact lenses. I found them expensive and quite unhelpful when I had some problems. I just gave up on them.

The Howdy Household tried using them a while back (as part of our ongoing "local is best" operations), but gave up after a bout of concerted "fnarr fnarring" from the salesbloke over their Playboy range. Professionalism did not appear to be in their game...

#9 belle

belle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 20 October 2005 - 02:21 PM

Thanks for the reviews everyone. I'm a bit cheeky when it comes to opticians because I'm so blind I don't have to pay for my glasses appointments and once I've had a contact lens check up I go and buy the lenses online, which is far cheaper. So while I'd like a nice person checking the health of my eyes, they're not going to be getting much money out of me! The problem with the place I go to currently is that the people always change and no one seems to know what anyone else is doing. They have no record of my last appointment and refused to accept I'd been in :blink: .
Dork Adore - the ultimate haven for geeks!