20 replies to this topic

#1 sampilger

sampilger

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:05 PM

Dear All,

My wife goes back to work in February, so we are currently looking for a good local nursery to place our 6-month-old son. We have been to Teddies (Gipsy Road) and Lullabies (South Norwood). Does anyone have any opinions of these or can recommend some other good ones.

Thanks.

#2 jannism

jannism

• Sponsors
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:12 PM

We used the one in Stembridge Rd (off Croydon Rd SE20) four or five years ago which I remember being quite good, although it may be a bit far away.

A friend recently sent his son to the one in Maberley Rd (opposite the train tracks) and spoke well of it. I'm afraid I don't have the details of either of these to hand but I'm sure they wouldn't be too difficult to find.

#3 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:01 PM

Sam,
I've no idea if its any good, but every morning i pass one on Colby Road, very near to Gipsy Hill station, but the name escapes me right now.....could be "Colby Road Nursery".
Its handy for an onward journey to London in the mornings if either of you work in town.

By the way, how is little Louis Cosmo (?) ?
a carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond

blow

#4 Richard

Richard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:37 PM

Both our kids go to Ruskin House in Herne Hill and it is fantastic. I know its not local but if you have a car it is worth considering. We drive there, drop off the kids and take the train from Herne Hill (5 mins to Victoria) and it takes about the same time as getting the train from Crystal Palace !

#5 peanut

peanut

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:31 PM

can recommend highly:
Clive Hall Day Nursery
59 Clive Rd London
Tel: 020 8761 9000

very friendly / helpful / safe

#6 Bexter

Bexter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:51 AM

Questions questions questions! Also wondering where you local peeps send your little ones, I am back to work in weeks and don't know any local Mummys to recommend nurserys, all my friends live in posh East Dulwich, fools ;-) !
Thanks
ps we are Portland Road area!

#7 Bexter

Bexter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:54 AM

I have looked at Mulberry Kindergarten on Howard Road and am off to see Little Sunflowers in Elmers End, anyone know them?! Herne Hill one sounds good but trying to reduce our carbon footprint so want one we can tram it / walk to!

#8 mota

mota

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 09:44 AM

Can anyone suggest any nurseries in the CP, Sydenham or Penge area please, suitable for a 2.5 to 3 year old?

Many thanks.

#9 miles

miles

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:48 PM

Mota, my daughter has recently started at Teddies on Gipsy Road (near the Mansion) and seems really happy there. She's in the baby unit, but they also cater for older children. The staff are very friendly, and the facilities are good too. It's definitely worth having a look around.

#10 HeadGardener

HeadGardener

• Sponsors
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 06:23 PM

I always used nurseries in SW1, but several friends have used Clive Hall and been very pleased with it. I've been there briefly on occasions to collect my child's friends and it does look bright cheerful and well-managed. I've also heard good things of the Little Stars children's centre on Benton's Lane, SE27 but again I've never used it.

#11 mota

mota

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:05 PM

Many thanks :)

#12 Cocktail Girl

Cocktail Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:01 PM

We are looking for a local nursery catering for 6mths + (SE19 - Beulah hill area) and wondered whether anyone has any recommendations?

#13 tiamaria

tiamaria

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:17 PM

Hi - these recommendations for nurseries go back a few years, pls can anyone give me feedback on recent experience of local - baby is only 10 weeks old but apparently i should have thought about this a LONG time ago...

#14 misspoddy

misspoddy

• Sponsors
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:36 AM

Friends of mine take their son to a nursery inside the same compound as Virgo Fidelis. But it seems to be independant from the school itself. No idea how that works though (but you obviously don't need to be catholic as my friends aren't). They swear it's the best nursery around. I guess the best thing to do is to knock on the door and ask where the nursery is.
Good Luck

#15 belo

belo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:16 PM

I cannot recommend Little Starz on Bentons Lane highly enough. I don't know how much the staff are paid, but it should be more! They all put so much more into it. Also, there after school, breakfast club and holiday clubs are excellent.

Friends have had positive reports of Clive Hall on Clive Road.