• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#31 Steve Palmer

Steve Palmer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 11:37 PM

Only problem is its exterior first floor and not sure if possible to be done off a ladder or will require small tower.

I appreciate that the cost concerns people, but accidents from falls are rife in the building industry. None of you want cowboy work done (I presume) and only a cowboy builder will ignore safety. Moreover a builder should comply with the Work at Height Regulations. You cannot work from a ladder safely, ladders are for gaining access to working platforms or for access to inspect only.

#32 lexingtonqueen

lexingtonqueen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:03 AM

Hi there. Am new to the forum. Wondering if anyone can recommend someone who is good, clean, and efficient (and cost effective) at building walls - looking at having some brick work done separate to the house. Any ideas? Thanks.

#33 Burro

Burro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:41 PM

Hello, I am looking for a company to take care of the refurbishment of my property
I've had a quote from J.R. Read, according to them I should find very positive feedback
about them on this (GREAT) forum
The main jobs they will take on are
Plastering
electrical
plumbing and boiler repositioning
window fitting
floor tiling

I'd love to hear from anyone with feedback
alternatively you could suggest another company nearby

Regards
Burro

#34 Burro

Burro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 05:56 PM

Hello, I am looking for a company to take care of the refurbishment of my property
I've had a quote from J.R. Read, according to them I should find very positive feedback
about them on this forum
The main jobs they will take on are
Plastering
electrical
plumbing and boiler repositioning
window fitting
floor tiling

I'd love to hear from anyone with feedback
alternatively you could suggest another company nearby

Regards
Burro

#35 peggysue

peggysue

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:36 PM

Hi
moving in to a new home and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for builders (if that's the right tradesman?) to knock down interior walls and insert some sort of door / partition between the rooms.
Thanks

#36 melissa pritchard

melissa pritchard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 02:40 PM

Hi i know a fantastic plasterer, painter and decorator.
Lives in West Norwood....Friendly, fast worker and tidy's up after himself!!
G.P. plastering. Tel; 07984091650

#37 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 02:57 PM

we are just wrapping up a good exterior works job by Reknown & Co, details in an earlier post. They do all kinds of works and are very reliable. They came recommended from another VN person (eagle) and have regular contracts in the area.

#38 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

can't find the details ... can you re-post them please?
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#39 morwena

morwena

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:23 PM

I'd be interested as well - is it the firm called Renown Smith by any chance?

#40 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:54 PM

Hi - sorry it took me some time to see your request, as we've been away on a lovely short break.

Yes, the recommended builders are
Reknown Smith Builders Ltd
54 High Street
SE25 6EF London
0208-653-3786

(there is some confusion in my records on the names of these guys)

#41 trixie

trixie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 03:53 PM

I need to find someone to build a porch/rain shelter/lean to round my kitchen door. This isn't anything enclosed or needing a floor, and not sure if I need to look for a carpenter or builder - any suggestions?

#42 360 Degrees

360 Degrees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:20 PM

Hello and Welcome to the area all newcomers!

360 Degrees has been based in Upper Norwood for the last 5 years and a supporter of Virtual Norwood for almost a year.

We have recent recommendations and referrals on VN and regularly take on local Projects, both large and small, including several complete Property overhauls (we can provide references / testimonials).

We Project Manage any type of Interior and Exterior Renovations, so that you only need to liaise with one Contractor for all your Project needs from start to finish.

Please get in touch or look at our website for more information.

Best wishes

Julie Laughton
360 Degrees

(t) 020 8249 3535
(m) 07813 663 135
(w) www.360degreesonline.co.uk

P.S. Hello and Thank you to all the VN'ers that we have had the pleasure to work with over the last year, and a special thank you to those of you who took the time to write nice things about us on VN!
Julie Laughton - 360 Degrees - Improving Every Angle of Your Life. Property Maintenance Solutions, Lifestyle Management Services and Project Management for your Home Improvement Projects. Visit My Website Email for Info

#43 andirella

andirella

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:36 AM

Apart from 360degrees ( I have already contacted them, but I would like more than one quote), does anybody have a current recommendation for a builder as I have finally(!) received planning permission from Lambeth to have an extension built. Thanks for any help

#44 Ziwa

Ziwa

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:39 PM

there are a bunch of discussions on this in other threads within this section (use the search button and also look under decorators, handymen etc and filter for the kind of business you want). As before I recommend Renown Smith and I think they do major works as well as small. (We had a bunch of companies in to estimate our interior works who also do exterior and major works)

#45 andirella

andirella

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:03 PM

Thanks Ziwa