• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#91 burntsmell

burntsmell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:52 AM

I would also like to find out if there are any new recommendations for building services :-)

#92 armidale3

armidale3

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

David seems fine to me. Prompt. (( not the cheapest)) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#93 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

Big Al the roofer

Has expanded the people of norwood have kept him busy with their roofs  for years on this local forum & he now has a large  team of people  doing all kinds of building requirements

Mobile 07932 401488

Make sure you tell him Dazza reccomended you & if a newbie look at his reccomendations going back years on this forum under roofer.

Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#94 burntsmell

burntsmell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:50 PM

Hello!

Am looking for a roofer to keep my wooden bits in good working order  (I prefer them to PVC - call me old fashioned)

Repair, Sand, prime/undercoat and paint, make good Roof Fascias and Soffits, eaves, bargeboard for End of Terrace 2 Story Town House. Includes front, back and Gable end. Inspect and repair minor cracks in Verge morter. (ensure gutters are removed to inspect and also paint behind them). Clean gutters and check for leaks, reseal as necessary.

I do need a couple of quotes - though Big Al the roofer seems to come quite recommended!

Any others that come close to big Al?

#95 JuliaABM

JuliaABM

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:21 PM

Can anyone recommend a good builder/bricklayer?  I didn't think it would be so difficult to track one down that seems trustworthy/qualified, or willing to provide a quote on straightforward building work.  I'm not holding out much hope!

:wacko:

#96 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:31 PM

Try Big Al he mainstay is roofing but has brickies on his firm as well.

Local geezer who has been working on this local forum for years.

But not sure what size of project is.

Dazza

Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#97 JuliaABM

JuliaABM

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:15 PM

Thanks, Dazza !  I definitely give him serious consideration :) !

#98 Sarah

Sarah

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:19 AM

Anybody seen David O'Brien recently?  He came to see me about some work I want doing about 6 weeks ago, and I'm now not able to get hold of him.  Just about to start the builder search again, but thought I'd see if he's working for anybody at the moment.  Many thanks

#99 JuliaABM

JuliaABM

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:53 PM

Hi , guys

Just wanted to thank Dazza for his Big Al recommendation !  Al's great team have done a fantastic job of replacing our garage roof.  They are all nice, helpful guys and we would definitely use them again.

Thanks, Dazza ! :)