• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

#1 Mango

Mango

Forum Fruit

• Sponsors
  • 772 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:40 AM

Can anyone recommend one? My colleagues washing machine has broken down and they don't do the DIY scene . . .

:D
M A N G O

#2 croesus

croesus

• Sponsors
  • 234 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 09:56 AM

Just PM'd you about one. He didn't manage to fix my machine last year, but that was because it was a weird brand and neither of us could find any spare parts stockists. He did try hard though, and was nice to deal with, so I made a note of his number. I think he's based in Streatham.

#3 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 11:43 AM

For washing machines & tumble dryers try Tom The Mechanic local man in norwood tell him Dazza gave you this number

Mobile 0785 0773867

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#4 Palacegirl

Palacegirl

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:33 PM

Dazza,

We called Tom last week to check out our broken washing machine - really impressed, although we could only make it home for 7pm he charged us a normal rate and it was a very fair price !!!!!

Embarrassing for us girlies the reason for the repair was : a bra underwire which got stuck....... :wacko:

blush blush blush.........
..supporting the triangle and freedom of speech.....

#5 smiley

smiley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 06:34 PM

Just a quick note to add my recommendation to the above for Tom the local mechanic man. Called him this morning after seeing the above posts - he came round this evening after I got back from work. Fixed the problem - without making me buy a new pump (which is what I thought was wrong!) - all done for a very reasonable price. :)

#6 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:36 AM

Glad to be of servive I would not have anyone else tTinkering with my machines I will mention all the good press you guys are giving him. Remember he also sorts tumble dryers as well.

Palacegirl if I know Tom the mechanic ( His name in the Hollybush) he would also have left your property with a smile on his face !

Dazza

#7 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:28 AM

Palacegirl if I know Tom the mechanic ( His name in the Hollybush) he would also have left your property with a smile on his face !

Dazza - sounds like you are suggesting he offers other services in addition to the repair of washing machines :D :o .
Mel, Forum Moderator

#8 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:49 AM

Thanks for posting Tom's details on here Dazza. I phoned him yesterday lunchtime about our broken washing machine. He came out the same day and fixed it for us at a good price. There was no problem with him coming round in the evening and he was very friendly and helpful. He said he'd had quite a bit of business through the forum and I would definitely recommend him :) .
Mel, Forum Moderator

#9 SaufEastLondon

SaufEastLondon

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 11:38 AM

Got intouch with Tom this week about a broken washing machine. I got his infomation from here. He did a great job and came around within 30minutes. Well worth using him

#10 The Joker

The Joker

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:12 PM

Can anyone recommend a local person / firm that repairs washing machines? Typically mine have developed a fault when it has a load in it! :(

#11 ajames

ajames

• Sponsors
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:03 AM

I've used Domestic Appliance Centre to mend and/or replace washing machines etc for years and found them extremely good. 020 8650 6597. 19a Rowan Road, London SW16 5JF

#12 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:04 AM

Hi Joker,

Use Tom (details above). We've had him out twice now and he's friendly, honest and does a good job. Unfortunately, when we had him out last week it was not good news and we are now making trips to the laundrette until we get a new washing machine :( .
Mel, Forum Moderator

#13 The Joker

The Joker

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 09:18 AM

Thanks gekko (and commiserations on the news about your machine). I did search for 'washing machine' yesterday but didn't find this thread. Anyway, will give Tom a call and cross my fingers...

#14 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:25 AM

Say happy birthday for Friday from Dazza Tom is 50 on Friday

#15 The Joker

The Joker

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:22 AM

Tom came round (on time) and fixed my machine for a reasonable sum. And I wished him happy birthday!

Thanks for the tip.