Photo

The White Hart (CP)

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Pub? (146 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Pub?

1. Excellent (62 votes [42.18%])

Percentage of vote: 42.18%

2. Good (54 votes [36.73%])

Percentage of vote: 36.73%

3. Average (14 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

4. Poor (17 votes [11.56%])

Percentage of vote: 11.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#451 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

We tried The White Hart just after 8pm last night in the hope of a Sunday roast. We were sitting to the left of the bar near the fireplace and just as we were about to order the live act came on on the other side of the bar. It was incredibly loud and competed with the heavy bass coming out of the speakers at our end of the pub. We decided we couldn't bear to try and shout over 2 lots of music, neither of which complimented each other. We then tried The Alma and the Sparrowhawk, both of which also had live music (why do all the pubs have live music on the same evenings?). I should point out that we both enjoy live bands but on this occasion we wanted to be able to hold a conversation. Forgoing the idea of a Sunday roast we then decided to give Pierre's a go. Unfortunately they stop serving food after 8pm so we ended up in the Palace Spice opposite.

The Alma's was for their first birthday.

We popped into the WH after the G & G last night and left after one drink as we felt the bar staff were nt really interested in serving our drinks , not rude but a tad dismissive , so our group moved on to spend our hard earned cash elsewhere ! I am willing to try it again however others i will not for a long time .

Thanks for the update. I will always give places a second, third or even fourth chance (over a period of years!) but it seems the WH is not going to be winning me back anytime soon.

I actually tried going there a few weeks ago and walked through one door, around the bar and out the other. No staff in sight, and the place was rammed.
Love The Triangle...

#452 Norwood lad

Norwood lad

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I noticed this seasons colour is Brown following last years green and the prior years grey. I wish they paid a bit more attention to the rest of the building above the 1st floor as its a little shabby instead of a pointless yearly change in colour.

#453 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

This place is getting worse.  The beer's undrinkable and the staff aloof and unhelpful.

#454 Jmarts

Jmarts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

I'm with Bovine Juice I'm afraid. I like the building, but the beer is bad and the staff are worse.

There is a Vice mag sticker on the door though. Fair warning.

#455 Andy

Andy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

I was sitting quite close to the bar in here last night, and happened to notice not one, but two people in quick sucession wait at the bar to be served, decide it was an absoute waste of time (because any available staff where more concerned with serving food) and walk out. I did briefly think about going to the bar for a round but after seeing this coupled with the fact it was a busy bar with no dedicated bar staff serving, me an my mate uppped sticks and went elsewhere.

This place never changes, and it been like it for years! When you have been to proper busy pubs and can get served very quickly you can see how poor the service is in here.

#456 tekton23

tekton23

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Hi,

Occasionally, I get a craving for a good burger and a pint. A good quality, meaty burger. I had a hamburger here two weeks ago. It was really dreadful, nothing good to say about it what so ever. Why is it it that so many pubs think it is fine to put a hamburger on the menu for £10 or more!! With places like Honest Burger in Brixton; where you can get one for 6/7 quid, we should not stand for this rubbish.

What annoys me now is that I was so tired that day, I didn't complain...not a word.

T23

#457 Borgus

Borgus

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

For £10, I'd expect Shergar in a bun! Maybe...?
"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph

#458 FitzRoy

FitzRoy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

With 3 peeps tonight - dont think wil be back 4 a bit . Very mates served first - keep strangers waiting etc .... :(

#459 serenity

serenity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

It's a very very nice lunchtime pub - been there loads of times midweek and can't really fault the service or the food or the atmosphere.  However, quickly discovered that doesn't work as well in the evenings.  Very busy, and very hard to get served. Will keep it as my guilty pleasure day-off-work pub lunch pub I think. :)

#460 Honey_dip21

Honey_dip21

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Have to agree... it's a lovely lunchtime pub...