Photo

The White Hart (CP)

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Pub? (146 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Pub?

1. Excellent (62 votes [42.18%])

Percentage of vote: 42.18%

2. Good (54 votes [36.73%])

Percentage of vote: 36.73%

3. Average (14 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

4. Poor (17 votes [11.56%])

Percentage of vote: 11.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 04:47 PM

I got the impression Dan was trying to say that they're open to getting a bit of feedback in the bar, rather than saying that we shouldn't be talking about it on here.

But yeah, it takes a bit of courage to ask a pub to turn the music down - it's the British tendency to suffer in silence! :rolleyes:

Anyway, all publicity is good publicity ;) - I for one am itching to try out the White Hart - and as I'm not round the Triangle so often any more, if it wasn't for VN I'd still think it was O'Neills!!

#47 Sedgley Warrior

Sedgley Warrior

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 08:48 AM

on a sunday you need something soothing, a bit of Soul/funk.

Please, no more soul and funk :o

#48 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:22 AM

oooh being from the Palace Rock dj ladies (played at Numidie) - maybe i should ask my gang if they would approach Dan for a couple of nights at the white hart in the future.... Nothing banging!
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#49 minty

minty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:46 AM

Quite reassuring to see the number of posts that have taken issue with the loudness of the music in this and other neighbouring pubs. It's not just me getting old and grumpy after all!

Maybe one solution would be to set the speakers at different volumes so that people have a choice. Alternatively turn the music up on Friday/Saturday night but keep it down low the rest of the time.

#50 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:49 AM

well minty i think it was more the type of music which was being played as the main problem.... hard banging house probably sounds awful at any level of volume lol.
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#51 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:04 PM

Hi guys. To clarify, it was Friday night when I was in not Sunday. The music choice was pretty good - indie and pop, it was just the noise level that was the issue for me.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#52 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:33 PM

I was in a pub in Sussex once and it was playing wall-to-wall skiffle so thank your lucky stars.

Edited by Uncle Wilf, 12 January 2006 - 01:34 PM.

Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#53 Dan

Dan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 11:11 PM

Wasn't trying to offend anyone with my comment, only trying to let you know that you can approach us. There is nothing more fustrating than people leaving the pub having not enjoyed their experience; especially when I could have fixed the problem for them there and then! All feedback is good, whether it be here or at the bar.

I always try and take on board the comments listed here, and was only trying to help those people who thought the music was too loud, we do try and monitor it, but sometimes like every one, we do get it wrong, thats when its useful for you to let us know! This I hope is not leaving it on the 'shoulders of my customers' merely you helping us to get it right.....

Look forward to meeting some more of you soon,

Dan.

#54 triangle fan

triangle fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 01:15 PM

Hi Dan
I must say that the bar staff are great. They actually say please and thank you! Had a great night last night (but suffering this morning!!!) A fab addition to CP. Keep up the good work.

#55 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 02:50 PM

Thanks Dan for your comments. Looking forward to visiting the White Hart again soon (not this weekend though as I don't get paid until Monday and I'm feeling poor :( - having to stay in and do DIY instead!)
Mel, Forum Moderator

#56 miss_g

miss_g

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:01 PM

I went to the hart on Sat lunchtime for a shandy after a heavy night out, the bar staff are nice and friendly, one of the lads even laughed at my joke about beer for breakfast, they then realed off a list of lagers I could have, the snacks looked good, altho i didn't sample the lunches looked very nice, the toilets are nice and clean, and I like the idea of the games in their, even tho i didn't play, i will defo be back, would like to try on a night, looking forward to my pal moving to church road, so this can be our inbetween meet point, the decor is fab, especially the old style wood benches with red leather.
give it a try, a welcome change to the palace I say

#57 Isabelle

Isabelle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 12:06 PM

I liked the White Hart on first impressions, but had a nasty experience with two of the bar staff that really put me off. One of them insulted my friend completely gratuitously (having worked behind a bar and as a waitress, I know awkward customers, and believe me, we weren't it). Then another one butted in to inform us that since it was past eleven, we were no longer customers and they could 'say what they liked' to us. I didn't take it up at the time because I was upset and just wanted to get out, plus if two of the bar staff were like that, why should the manager not just be the same?

Sorry that my first post has to be so negative! I shall immediately go and post something nice on the boards of all my favourites...

#58 Sedgley Warrior

Sedgley Warrior

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 05:02 PM

It's really bizarre to read that Isabelle - I've always found the staff to be lovely, even if it's their job to 'put it on' - but I would go and speak to the manager about the incident as it seems, from his posts on here, that it's just the sort of thing he needs to know about and clear up.

If a couple of members of his staff were giving the White Hart a bad reputation the manager needs to know about it and nobody wants a repeat of anything like that happening to them do they?

#59 barbersfort

barbersfort

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:22 PM

went to WH last Saturday night...had a great time...

only wish they opened longer than 11........

GREAT PUB!

#60 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:10 AM

We went for the first time on Saturday and left after one drink - we arrived quite late, no chance of a seat. We got fed up of being constantly in the way of someone trying to carry a big round of drinks, and having to repeat every other sentence to make ourselves heard above the music and general din.

Went to Numidie's bar instead and had a nice quiet few drinks and a sit down, lovely! Oh dear, I am getting old! :rolleyes:

Completely unrecognisable as O'Neills, and I'm sure a great place for a lively evening, but not for a quiet drink (on a Saturday, at least!).