Photo

The White Hart (CP)

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Pub? (146 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Pub?

1. Excellent (62 votes [42.18%])

Percentage of vote: 42.18%

2. Good (54 votes [36.73%])

Percentage of vote: 36.73%

3. Average (14 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

4. Poor (17 votes [11.56%])

Percentage of vote: 11.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 howdy

howdy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:07 PM

We went for the first time on Saturday and left after one drink - we arrived quite late, no chance of a seat. We got fed up of being constantly in the way of someone trying to carry a big round of drinks, and having to repeat every other sentence to make ourselves heard above the music and general din.

Went to Numidie's bar instead and had a nice quiet few drinks and a sit down, lovely! Oh dear, I am getting old! :rolleyes:

We went through exactly the same process a few weeks ago. It's just too much on a Friday/Saturday night in there - I'll go at other times, but it's strictly for the young 'uns on those evenings!

#62 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:46 PM

I thought I was a young 'un! :(

#63 Sedgley Warrior

Sedgley Warrior

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:19 PM

At least it's busy though eh? Means demand is high and business going well! Let's keep Numidie for those of us who want a nice quiet evening ;)

Edited by Sedgley Warrior, 24 January 2006 - 03:19 PM.

#64 J B

J B

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:29 AM

I went in on Friday night and had an excellent night, there was a nice mix of different ages although I'm surprised at some of the other posts as I didn't see any 'younguns'.

The bar staff were on top form, I'll be back again very soon - might even give the food another go!

Oh and the music level was fine :P
www.londonorthotics.co.uk

#65 katb

katb

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:44 AM

Went there for the first time last Saturday (early) evening and was pretty impressed - good selection of wine and beers! Nice to have a bit of variety in pubs in CP.

I think it's part of the same 'chain' as The White Hart by Waterloo and the pub above Demark Hill station and other about town....

#66 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 12:15 PM

At least it doesn’t look like a chain - these pubco’s seem to have learnt the lesson that identikit branding eventually self-destructs when people got O’Firkin-Bar-Oneitis!

Must say had a much nicer experience here on a quieter mid-week than on the busy Saturday evening I first visited. And both occasions, bar staff were helpful and friendly.

#67 katb

katb

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:20 PM

I think it must be an anti-chain! But you can always tell them - belgian beers (mmmm fruili), nice decor and similar (although not identikit) menus

#68 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:34 PM

Although don't most gastro-type pubs do the same types of food these days?! Fish finger sandwich, portobello mushroom "burger", thai fish cakes, etc...
Rachel
My link

#69 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 01:22 PM

That's true about pub menus! Since I was one of the people who complained about overly loud music earlier, I should say that I've been in a few times more recently and thought the music volume was at a sensible level even for old folk like me. :P Haven't been in on a Saturday recently, so I'm only referring to other days like Sunday or midweek.

#70 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 04:04 PM

....the musics of a more manageable level now because the manager sacked the dj!!!
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#71 Michael

Michael

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:02 PM

Anyone tried the food yet?

I simply must reccommend their 'Toad in the Hole'

I had it for lunch one sunday afternoon, and although i wasn't particularly hungry and couldn't finish it, it was a delicious meal. However I had to eat it with three other people eating on a tiny table, as they were very busy.

I voted 'good' because it is! :)

#72 QueenMazza

QueenMazza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 02:06 PM

Does anyone know the White Hart's telephone number?

Cheers

QM

#73 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:00 AM

The phone number seems to be a well-kept secret - even with a Google search I couldn't find it :( Perhaps Dan can let us know when he has a moment.

I had a very pleasant Saturday lunchtime here after happily pottering round the small shops in the Triangle (Glitter & Twisted is excellent - as indeed is Concorde stationers!).

We were not quite hungry enough for the celebrated toad in a hole so I shared a mixed platter with Lady Andreas. All most tasty and excellent value. The draught beer is also very well kept. :)
opposed to taking terrapins.

#74 Becky2

Becky2

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:15 AM

We had lunch and a couple of drinks in here yesterday afternoon and there was a woman doing the rounds of the tables offering (very pleasant) 5 minute back and head massages for free (financed by the landlord apparently) and if i heard correctly she will be there every sunday between 2 and 4.

#75 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:17 PM

Um just a quickie message - in the hope manager man of the white hart is reading this.

I was just wondering if other people have noticed the sewage smell on the non smoking side of the pub. It used to stink even when it was an oneills so i was wondering if anything could be done about it. Its really unpleasent and you can see people looking around thinking ' who's got a bowel problem'!!!! but other than that the pubs still a winner with us :)
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com