Photo

The Mansion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Pub? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Pub?

1. Excellent (34 votes [57.63%])

Percentage of vote: 57.63%

2. Good (19 votes [32.20%])

Percentage of vote: 32.20%

3. Average (3 votes [5.08%])

Percentage of vote: 5.08%

4. Poor (3 votes [5.08%])

Percentage of vote: 5.08%

Vote

#16 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:19 PM

Plus the staff are really tentative and on the ball..... :)

Tentative staff eh - makes for a fun lunch! ;)

#17 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 09:47 AM

Had as very nice lunch in here on Saturday. The staff are so friendly..... and honest. I inadvertently left a tip for £42 when paying by credit card (don't ask!) which they noted and set aside when cashing up. Was reimbursed yesterday.

Their phone number is 020 8761 9016 if anyone wants it.
Rachel
My link

#18 Beefy

Beefy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 03:45 PM

I agree with Rachel. Very friendly people indeed. Really ggod pub to have round the corner. Anyone remember the Paxton?...

Moderator's Note
Please see our forum guidelines regarding off topic comments and questions

Edited by James, 24 February 2006 - 04:07 PM.

#19 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:35 AM

A lovely place. Friendly staff and charming decor. Had a delicious Sunday lunch with friends there yesterday - excellent chips and generous portions.

The landlord has some nice plans for the garden too - can't wait for the Spring! :)
opposed to taking terrapins.

#20 Sals

Sals

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 04:40 PM

Great place for a drink pre or post dinner, or when waiting for a table at Alchemy across the road at weekends. We too look forward to Spring and the opening up of the garden. So much potential. Maybe they'll do BBQs on Sundays?

#21 HillBilly

HillBilly

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 03:25 PM

Went on Saturday for lunch, Loved the decor but its very 'now' and will start to look dated quite soon methinks. Had a fab lunch though; veggie sausages and a hot chocolate to rival la Bruchettas. The place was freeeeezing cold though...Will definitely go back with more layers on.

#22 croesus

croesus

• Sponsors
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:48 PM

I went with missus croesus for lunch on Sunday. Couldn't fault it - good service, quality grub, Flowers on tap and deranged decor. Great stuff. My only niggle is the dour black exterior - it belies the sparkliness within.

#23 loplop

loplop

• Sponsors
  • 687 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:06 AM

Its a great place. Whenever i go, i always try to sit in a different part, there's so many nice spots in there, and a great feel to it too.
The decor is certainly "deranged" and it works. In the hands of someone else this could look a mess or very pretentious. In the case of The Mansion i believe it is neither.
And i too look forward to being able to spend long afternoons in the garden too, i've heard it'll be very interesting.
a carrot is as close as a rabbit gets to a diamond

blow

#24 Yamaman

Yamaman

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 01:22 PM

I had a lovely Sunday lunch in there last weekend. However it was a bit more like soup than dinner. I love my gravy but even for my standards they did put about 50% too much on.
Great looking place though

#25 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:15 PM

Love the Mansion - perfect place to go for a lazy Sunday lunch. Love the external facade - it really looks impressive and has grown on me. Love the internal decour - fabulous mirrors. Love the seating arrangements - good sized tables - plenty of room to spread out with the Sunday Newspapers (not quite as good a selection as the Blue Bottle and White Hart). Love the potential of the garden - its going to be a great hang out in the summer. Love the chips (best in the Palace) and most of the menu although I have been advised that they reduced the number of veggie sausages in the roast to 2 instead of 3.

Don't love COLD plates when serving hot food on a cold day. I have told the staff. This is not uncommon in other pubs too.

Overall 4 out of 5.

#26 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:50 AM

Good news - Warm plates last sunday
Bad news - I have been told that they will be a World Cup Football free pub! This is probably good news for the White Hart and Blue Bottle.

#27 cha003

cha003

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:14 PM

Ah but for some of us, that is a positive incentive! It will be one place where myself and my partner can go for a drink and escape the footy! ;)

#28 Retired_Member_2

Retired_Member_2

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:18 PM

I agree. Some people aren't fussed about watching the World Cup

(grumble grumble Ireland out grumble grumble)

#29 fluffyloveheart

fluffyloveheart

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:15 PM

I went with a friend last friday and really liked the place. The decor was fab and the food was really good. I thought it was quite reasonable (but I work in Fulham where prices are ridiculous!). My only gripe is that you cant book. I want to take my parents out for a meal and cant risk not getting a table.
Fluffyloveheart

#30 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:16 PM

Went for a drink on Friday night and it's a very nice place. They need to sort the music out though... Listening to Michael Jackson's greatest hits all evening wasn't my idea of fun! :blink:

Also, the garden is pretty big but needs some work. Overall it has a lot of potential. Certainly a place to keep an eye on even if it's a good 20 min walk from my flat! :mellow:
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter