Photo

The Mansion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Pub? (59 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Pub?

1. Excellent (34 votes [57.63%])

Percentage of vote: 57.63%

2. Good (19 votes [32.20%])

Percentage of vote: 32.20%

3. Average (3 votes [5.08%])

Percentage of vote: 5.08%

4. Poor (3 votes [5.08%])

Percentage of vote: 5.08%

Vote

#46 eyedropper

eyedropper

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 08:39 AM

We went there on saturday night and it sems they've changed the menu, so the choice was variations of thai curry or types of burgers and chips. I didn't really fancy either of those options, so after one drink we up'd sticks and went to Alchmey.

The mansion have to be careful not to price out their customers. £9 for a burger and chips when I got roast guinea fowl with puy lentils and foie gras for £14 over the road.
www.eyedropper.co.uk

#47 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 09:48 AM

lucky eyedropper to have two fine places right next to each other... i think mansion is evolving at a rate...and so are the prices i agree... but mansion will get the lunch call today and hopefully the chef at alchemy will discover roast lamb one day

#48 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:56 PM

mansion now so popular on a sunday that i too was forced to cross over to alchemy where there was no roast lamb and it was very quiet...will get in earlier in future at mansion

#49 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:28 AM

The Mansion is extremely popular - and well deserved too. Both the meat and the vegeterian sunday lunches were excellent this weekend and plenty of them too. An added bonus was that the food was hot!

#50 postman100

postman100

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:29 AM

I was down at the mansion on friday night and sat in the garden. We were there with friends and supposed to eat there. I love the place and go on a regular basis but as you have to pass the kitchen area to get to the bar my stomach turned as all you could smell was old chip fat, disusting. So we left and went to Barcelona in Lordship Lane which is always fantastic food and no bad smells!

#51 howdy

howdy

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:28 PM

I like The Mansion but... the beer prices are eye-watering!

#52 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 05:06 PM

Not been for ages - just too far from my flat. The White Hart is much closer! :D
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#53 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:15 AM

We finally got round to visiting The Mansion on Saturday for lunch. Been meaning go go for ages but it's a bit of a trek from the other side of the hill.

Anyway, we were well impressed. The decor is fab, the service friendly and the food was lovely. I had a feta, chickpea, beetroot and watermelon salad and my partner had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on toasted bagels. We also had sweet potato wedges. This was from their 'brunch' menu. After the very tasty chow, we moved to the sofa by the window where we whiled away some time reading the papers.

Will definitely be going back. :)
Mel, Forum Moderator

#54 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:32 AM

Great Pub and very nice food - I love the garden in the summer - service could be though a little bit quicker and more alert on requests.
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#55 tealight rookie

tealight rookie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:10 PM

Really enjoyed my visit to the Mansion a couple of weeks ago after registering with all the EAs on the Triangle. Love the astro-turf in the garden! The place reminds me of a pub that was a favourite of mine when I lived in Shepherds Bush (before I made the wise move sarf) so I'm happy to find it.

Agree about the cooking oil though - I had ham and eggs and while good, there was a definite over-oiled taste. Still, so much else is good that I don't like to complain!

#56 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:02 PM

a lunch visit to the mansion - its a real treat, a special place to be treasured, every time i visit it it gets better!
mind you signs saying no sportswear or trainers as mrs b was wearing trackkies and trainers were worrying... still nothing said and the guy running it was wearing trainers and was overheard that all gentlemen would be allowed !

#57 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:53 AM

I love this pub more and more everytime I go there. The staff are always friendly and food is always delicious - I had a pumpkin and pommegranite risotto last week, which although I thought sounded strange was actually really nice. As a veggie I have always been happy with what they have on offer.

I also love the quiz night on Tuesday, although did particularly poorly last week.
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com

#58 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:42 PM

I saw someone eating the pumpin and pomegranate risotto in there on Sunday. It looked yummy. I had a burger - v nice and my mum and other half had the Sunday roast (chicken), which they said was delicious.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#59 philipburgoyne

philipburgoyne

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:25 PM

very busy last night...we set off for tamnaq but the parade was stationary so into mansion...what a touch ! if we hadnt downed a bottle of champers it was £22.00
one of the starters was quite special it had butternut dip ? should have paid more attention and remembered the name but it is recommended to everyone ! this place gets better everytime
they are open christmas eve for piano and canapes scott tells me !

Edited by philipburgoyne, 21 December 2006 - 02:26 PM.

#60 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 10:27 AM

Just watched a recording of Pulling from midweek and one of the scenes was filmed in the Mansion...

Very funny sitcom btw. :)
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter