• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#31 ColinB

ColinB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:17 PM

Following recommendations on this forum, I asked Scott Hunter to re-route some pipes (gas and water), and fit a new hob.

He carried out the work flawlessly and, despite the job taking longer than anticipated, honoured his quote.

I would thoroughly recommend Scott Hunter if you need any plumbing or gas work done.

#32 trixie

trixie

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:29 PM

I was recommended a gas engineer called Dave Madigan - 07753719878. He installed my oven, and a few weeks later his brother came and serviced the "real flame" gas fire. Really nice people, friendly, efficient and clean up afterwards!

#33 Carni

Carni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:34 PM

I can highly recommend S H Plumbing and Heating who are a Corgi Registered company who do alot of plumbing and gas work via Virtual Norwood. They do all aspects of gas work and carry out gas safety/home owner certificates, boiler repairs and installs, connect cookers and even remove your old appliance for you and are very reasonably priced. Very friendly and professional service . Contact Steve on 07711 670651

#34 GeorgeAlexander

GeorgeAlexander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:45 AM

I can second that, had Steve of S&H Plumbing round a year ago to fix my boiler, which he did in no time, and just had him back again today to fit my new gas hob.

He's very quick, friendly and efficient, despite some confusion (my fault) over the hob, which was the wrong size for my kitchen worktop. He managed to cut the worktop to fit the new hob, so it looks great.

Call Steve on 07711 670 651

#35 whydelilah

whydelilah

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:58 PM

Just another plug (excuse the plumbing related pun) for Scott Hunter. He recently replaced my boiler and to be honest, the pipework alone is a thing of beauty! I can't recommend him highly enough. His mobile is 07983 704 069. If anyone wants a more detailed reference I'm happy to give one.

#36 filmbuffy

filmbuffy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:15 PM

hi there, anyone know of gas safety registered ( previously corgi registered) iguess they would be called engineers in the vicinity of or serve west norwood. My gas fire was disconnected due to a leak. One quote i got would be 73.00 to come and look at it. let alone if it in fact leaking from a valve that needs to be replaced. would be another 73.00 plus charge of valve. so if anyone knows of anyone cheaper then this would be great. Have only just recently moved in and have been wiped out by the cost.

#37 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:36 AM

Hi Guys boiler broke down yesterday I can see some old reccomendations but anyone had any recent experiences with their bioler repair.

Its a combi made by worcester .

Steve from S & H looking the likely suspect at the mo !
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#38 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:52 PM

I can't believe you are asking us for recommendations Dazza :D. We usually come to you for contacts!

We had a new boiler installed by HWCH. They also do repairs and were very good, although not the cheapest. It is a couple of years since we used them though so not very recent I'm afraid.

Edited by gekko, 25 March 2010 - 04:54 PM.

Mel, Forum Moderator

#39 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:42 PM

I know this but out of all my contacts i have no domestic people to call on ! Now if I had an industrial size boiler no bother !

#40 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:55 AM

Nice Guy & know his stuff !

Steve has Dazzas seal of approval !

#41 sparkybird

sparkybird

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:44 PM

A couple of my customers have used a local guy called Abraham and seemed pleased with him. Helpful and knowledgeable. He is Gas Safe registered

Contact on 07946222213

SB

#42 Tracy S

Tracy S

• Sponsors
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:48 PM

Hi there

My Gloworm combi boiler will only heat the water if the heating in switched on which was fine in the Winter but a bit of a pain in the Summer. Does anyone know and recommend someone who could take a look but not require the price of a funtioning kidney to fix it?? I'm in the SE20 area and will gladly trade you my cleaner and plumbers details (who are both excellent and found on the mightly VN!!)

Thank you

#43 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:03 PM

Steve Hibbert from S H Plumbing (07711670651) - he's still the best plumber I've come across.
He knows his stuff and good value for money...
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#44 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

Another plug for Steve Hibbert, SH Plumbing, who has just been round to service the boiler he put in for me a couple of yrs ago. All in good shape, as expected. I dont bother with any other gas/plumbing engineer now, as Steve is the man - i recommended him to friends last yr who needed a new boiler, and they were very happy with his services too. Steve is very friendly too - almost like catching up with an old friend! His number is 07711 670 651, get in here before the autumn/winter rush.
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#45 lucysmith

lucysmith

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 810 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Just had a new Worcester Bosch fitted by ProGas in Sydenham Road. Efficient service and came in under £2k which I was happy about. Not a rushed job like others. http://www.progasheating.co.uk/