• This topic is locked This topic is locked
33 replies to this topic

#16 Songda

Songda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:42 PM

You could also try Sitting Kitty as they cover a different part of Norwood from Catcalls.

www.sittingkitty.co.uk

#17 lucysmith

lucysmith

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 810 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:43 PM

Just used the Dulwich Cattery, 186 Croxted Road, SE21 for our ex-Battersea Dog's home cat for four days. Cats have a view of a nice pond and some hens. This was our cats first time in a cattery since the dog's home four years ago. Given that she is pretty unfriendly and ferocious at the best of times she has returned not too worse for wear!

£7 per day. Phone number 020 8670 3300.

#18 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:24 AM

Given that she is pretty unfriendly and ferocious at the best of times she has returned not too worse for wear!

What about the other cats though :blink: :D
Mel, Forum Moderator

#19 Rebecca A

Rebecca A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 06:52 PM

We're moving to the area at the end of the month - can anyone recommend a cattery, preferably one with flexible pick-up / drop-off times. Alternatively has anyone used a good cat-sitting service.
Thanks,
Rebecca

#20 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 06:08 PM

Hi there Rebecca. I can't recommend Cat Calls highly enough. Jane is fantastic and has been wonderful with my two kitties, one of whom is disabled and needs a lot of care. It's currently £11 a day.

http://www.catcalls.co.uk/index.html
Mel, Forum Moderator

#21 Rebecca A

Rebecca A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 09:15 PM

Thanks Mel, I'll give them a try.

#22 Will on the Hill

Will on the Hill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:02 PM

Hi, I need to book my cat in to a cattery whilse I am away in Oz for a few weeks next year. Has anyone used these guys?

http://www.thecatteryse20.co.uk/

It is quite close and my boy is not keen on car journeys so may be a good bet.

#23 flash1969

flash1969

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:54 PM

Hi there,

I have used the Cattery SE20, and they are very good. Margaret who runs it is a big cat lover, and the place is clean and well run. I live close by and went round for a quick visit before putting my 2 cats in, and they were very welcoming. The runs are about 6/7 foot long I guess, with a run up to a heated sleeping pad. It is a very popular cattery which kind of explains why you have to book up months in advance.

10 for 2 in same run

#24 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:33 AM

We've just used Sitting Kitty, who come to the house to look after the cat so s/he can stay at home and not stress out in a cattery. As Maggie who runs this firm was going away at the same time as we were, she sent a lady called Jane in her place. Reading this thread, I suspect Jane is Cat Calls, which people have mentioned. Either way, Sitting Kitty and Jane have provided a fantastic service. Paolo was happy, sleek and shiny. http://www.sittingkitty.co.uk/ Just wanted to post a quick recommendation.

#25 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 11:56 AM

I would second that wholeheartedly! I've been using Sitting Kitty for about 6 years, and am very happy with them.
Rachel
My link

#26 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:22 PM

Reading between the lines, I suspect that Sitting Kitty and Cat Calls work together. There is someone called Maggie who works at Cat Calls so maybe its the same person!
Mel, Forum Moderator

#27 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:33 PM

I think they were once one company that split into two to cover different areas because they had so many customers. They cover for each other when on is away or on holiday.
Rachel
My link

#28 wmp

wmp

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:34 PM

I believe Sitting Kitty is "kitten of" Cat Calls - so they do share work to cover holidays, etc.

And what would we do without them? Sitting Kitty cared wonderfully for Mrs Ballagher, my late cat, who had brain damage (over & above being a tortie), when I went (briefly) away.

#29 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:40 PM

Ah right, that makes sense. Jane from Cat Calls looked after Edgar, our lovely ginger tom (sadly no longer with us) but who was paraplegic as a result of a car accident. He wore nappies as he was incontinent and Jane even changed his nappies for him. Now that's service :) .

You probably all think I'm nuts now, using nappies on a cat :unsure: .

You may or may not have seen the article in the Metro this morning about the rescue of cats from the Olympic site. Celia Hammond, who runs the santuary where our cats came from is running a petition, which you can read about here.

Edited by gekko, 27 November 2007 - 04:46 PM.
added petition info

Mel, Forum Moderator

#30 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 11:19 AM

Hi there - does anyone know of a good cattery - Ive just found out when Im away for xmas and need my little bundle of fluff looked after 24/7 (shes high maintenance) so cant have the home callers around!
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com