87 replies to this topic

#31 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 11:28 AM

For advice go www.fensa.co.uk they also have an enquiries email service.

Dazza
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#32 Will on the Hill

Will on the Hill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:55 PM

Any suggestions on a window repairer anyone?

#33 Daniel Naya

Daniel Naya

DN

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:24 PM

hi
I just bought a flat in Crystal palace and Iam the most happy man in earth........lots of trees around me.............birds etc...............
just a little problem in here..............I cant open my windows.................... :D
they guy that sold to me painted the whole window and it looks like is not possible to open one window from the 10 windows I have.............any recomendation ...........anyone knows a good window repair.........double glaze etc...........
many thanks

DNN

#34 Will on the Hill

Will on the Hill

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:48 PM

Did you have any luck with your repairs. I have a pane I've been meaning to replace. Emailed and rang around after looking on the glass and glazing federation website (www.ggf.co.uk) , and found that AB Glass at 99 Anerley Rd to quote much cheaper than elsewhere. I haven't actually arranged it yet as I'm waiting to get some time off as they only work M-F, would be interested to hear how you went.

Will (PS I moved to a flat in CP last year backing on to the park after 6 years of central London living... you will love it)

#35 eyedropper

eyedropper

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:50 AM

I know it's been on here before but I can't find it due to flood control.

So, anyone used a local + good Sash Window fixing company? I just want a free quote for now.

Moderator's Note
Please don't start new topics just because of flood controls. We are trying to keep the forum organised for your benefit too. Flood controls are removed when you become a sponsor.
1 week = £1, 1 month = £2, 3 months = £5, 1 year = £10

.. or you could wait
.. or just look through the index of topics (you can sort by title if you want)

Edited by James, 12 July 2006 - 12:59 PM.

www.eyedropper.co.uk

#36 Andy

Andy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:42 PM

One of my mates is a Carpenter / Joiner and he has just made and fitted a sliding sash window to a flat in Anerley Hill. The flat owner who happens to be my neighbour was more than happy with the finished product. He can also make any addtions / modifications to the design to suit your requirements. He obviously does this and other Joinery works for a living and is quite competitively priced. If you want his number just let us know and I will forward it on to you.

#37 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:48 PM

We have just had our sash windows done by Draught Busters who are a Forest Hill based company. See www.draught-busters.co.uk.

We had a couple of quotes and they were reasonable and we are very pleased indeed with the results.

Getting new sash windows isn't cheap though - budget about £1000 per window, could be more of less depending how much needs replacing.

#38 Silver

Silver

• Sponsors
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:33 AM

I know someone who works for £110 per day who could do it, and I wouldn't think it would take more than a day. pm me for details if you want.

#39 Retired Member 1

Retired Member 1

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:19 AM

I am looking for some quote for new double glazed windows or just renovation of current ones, bearing in mind I am in a conservation area so I cannot do PVC.

There are other works that I would do in the spring to renovate the flat so not sure if it is more convenient to do all together and who can do a very good job!!!

Any help?

Cheers
Gipsy Hill Rocks!!!

#40 mikegse25

mikegse25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:39 PM

Hi there. I need to find a good carpenter/glazier who can replace some slatted windows for normal windows. It is not a big job, but looks fiddly !!!

Any reccomendations are appreciated

Edited by mikegse25, 13 November 2006 - 02:25 PM.

#41 edgar

edgar

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:42 PM

Without doubt this topic has already been raised, but for the life of me, I cannot find it. Can anyone please recommend a manufactured (preferably local) of wooden sash windows (regulation compliant et al) that can turn something around on a short time frame and is reasonably priced? It's for a kitchen window, a simple four pane, beaded and weighted window. I have a builder (whom I found from a recommendation here) who will put it in for me.

Thanks everyone

#42 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:57 PM

Moderator's Note
Full search facilities are available in the top right hand corner.

When viewing the topic list you can also use the search box in the bottom left hand corner.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#43 Boblatina

Boblatina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:59 PM

We are looking to replace our existing elderly (and not very well maintained) Crittal windows. We don't want replacement aluminium and we don't really want UPVC. We also don't want hours of hard sell from one of the big window companies :(

Has anyone got any recommendations for anyone who can supply and fit wooden framed double-glazed units?

I have looked through other posts in the forum and can't seem to find one on this topic - if I have missed it, please forgive me!

Love

TillyBob

#44 Paddy Pantsdown

Paddy Pantsdown

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:47 AM

In the early 1990s we had an extension built and the windows were custom designed to fit in with our existing Edwardian leaded lights with stained glass features.

The building company no longer exists but I am pretty sure the window company contractor came from Crystal Palace. Can anyone point to who that may be - especially if they still exist. We need more windows!

PP

#45 leep

leep

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:51 PM

I recently moved in to a new flat, and realised that the front sash bay windows are stuck in place...I know they must have worked within the last yr as the previous owner had to get the sofa in through the front windows!

I have spoke to a couple of places who deal with sash windows, but they will only come out to fit new windows / frames.

Does anyone know of someone local who would come out for a small / cheap job such as that? Im 100% sure the windows are fine, no need to replace them, just needs someone who knows what they are doing to free the windows..If i keep trying, i think i will end up accidently wripping the frame off!!!

Many thanks!
Local web / print design collaboration
web: www.subversedesign.co.uk
e-mail: thestudio@subversedesign.co.uk