• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#76 Partisan

Partisan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:21 PM

Has anyone used SafeSmart UK (the one with the annoying man going you buy one you get one free) I have a salesman coming tomorrow to measure and give me a quote I just wondered if anyone had any dealings with them for quality and fittings. Thanks

#77 burntsmell

burntsmell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:32 PM

Has anyone used SafeSmart UK (the one with the annoying man going you buy one you get one free) I have a salesman coming tomorrow to measure and give me a quote I just wondered if anyone had any dealings with them for quality and fittings. Thanks

No sorry not heard of this company. Is it Safestyle?, they have had some poor reviews at reviewcentre:

http://www.reviewcen...iews103809.html

have had quotes from Britelite and Anglian, britelite seem to have lots of good reviews in reviewcentre (not sure if they are true as most are from guests) but Anglian and Everest have got bad reviews_

I am currently trying to get in touch with The national Glazing Advisory Service (http://www.nrwas.org/) to see if they can be of any assistance as am a bit unsure what to go for at present, have windows, doors and a bit of redecorating and fascia to do (quite a lot when you think about it!). Any good recommendations anyone?

#78 Partisan

Partisan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:07 AM

Burntsmell thank you very much very useful link. You are right it is Safesure. I have the man coming this afternoon I will see what happens and get a few more quotes.

#79 flash1969

flash1969

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:58 PM

Hi there,

Has anyone ever used Clockhouse Glazing Company? Have quoted good price to supply & fit doors, but wondered if anyone has any experience of them.

Cheers

Flash

#80 JTme

JTme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

I know someone who works for 110 per day who could do it, and I wouldn't think it would take more than a day. pm me for details if you want.

Hi
It's now 2oo9. Does he still do this???
If so, his details wld be handy.
Jeremy

#81 toby1kenobi

toby1kenobi

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 01:35 PM

At the risk of flogging a dead horse, we too are looking to get new double glazing, so if anyone with a local recommendation happens upon this topic do let us know!

Toby

#82 Bovine Juice

Bovine Juice

Beer bockle botherer

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:47 PM

For emergency repairs I've just used A&B Glass in Anerley and they were very quick and professional. Not sure how competitive the price was as didn't have time for quotes from various places.

#83 flash1969

flash1969

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:49 PM

I've recently had quote from A&B for Glass Splashbacks and they were competitive.

Also had Double Glazed French Doors fitted by Clockhouse Glazing over summer and they were good too.

Edited by flash1969, 01 December 2009 - 06:49 PM.

#84 anopheles

anopheles

Anopheles

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 11:19 AM

I've recently had quote from A&B for Glass Splashbacks and they were competitive.

Also had Double Glazed French Doors fitted by Clockhouse Glazing over summer and they were good too.

Mehmet (Atamer) of ATAMER CARPENTRY (0208-653-8090 mob: 07880 645 827) is a one man band with a very efficient wife who does the admin and estimates. He does the most marvelous work, is cheerful and obliging, exists quite happily without constant refuellings and does exactly what he says he will do in the time (or less) that he estimates. Last year a number of our windows needed to be replaced (with double glazed sashes) a job which has been extremely successful and which has made a huge difference during the recent severe weather. As the result of our work he has also done work for some neighbours. In the course of his work we found that a back wall of the house was 'live' - a very dangerous situation which had to be dealt with by a builder.

Fortunately for us, we happened on DAVID O'BRIEN (07960 938 621) and his team who I can recommend in the highest terms. I found his name on this Forum but did not, initially, understand that he actually provides an all-round building service so can tackle stonework, plumbing, plastering, decorating, brickwork, doors and windows, glazing, electrical work and even landscape gardening. His estimates are excellent and detailed, he is explicit and efficient, everything is done in the best possible time and the workmen stay on the job until it is finished (do you hear these recommendations often ?). At the risk of getting carried away - and the background to all this is that it used to be my job to budget for and refurbish buildings that were being turned round for sale - his company is a blueprint for commercial building businesses. The other thing that was interesting was that he worked well in conjunction with Mehmet (see above) - this does not always happen with builders when there is a conflict or overlap of interests.

Anopheles
:)

Edited by anopheles, 20 January 2010 - 11:21 AM.

#85 miss_f

miss_f

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:10 PM

Just a quick note to recommend a glazing company I used last week - A&E Glazing (www.aeglazing.co.uk). I had trouble finding a local glazier but these guys were really good. They replaced one of my double glazing units, replaced the glass panel above my front door, and replaced a double glazed panel with a PVC panel and fitted a cat flap in the back door. The quote was competitive and the work was good.

#86 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

For emergency repairs I've just used A&B Glass in Anerley and they were very quick and professional. Not sure how competitive the price was as didn't have time for quotes from various places.

Same here, they replaced a broken window for me yesterday, arrived on time, did a speedy job, cleaned up the mess, I also didnt bother phoning around for quotes, as I have used A&B before, so I knew they'd do the job. Thumbs up.
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#87 Borgus

Borgus

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:29 PM

Have recently used Croydon Glassworks to supply and fit 6 uPVC double glazed windows.  Very pleased with competitive price, fabrication and the prompt installation.  Highly recommended.

Croydon Glassworks Ltd

118 Bensham Lane

Thornton Heath

CR7 7ES

Tel: 020 8689 6776

"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph

#88 armidale3

armidale3

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

David Obrien, sounds lie I will give him a call. Excellent.