Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:41 AM

If you haven't had any luck I can recommend one

#17 Molly

Molly

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:16 AM

Hi guys, I just wanted to let you know that I had Dave and George in to quote for the replastering/skimming of my small bathroom ceiling. Dave quoted £130 and George was £90, includes materials. I actually went with Dave as he was more professional and he did a super job. If I was on a tight budget I would have been happy to give George a go though. Cheers and thanks for the recommendations.

#18 CanHarry

CanHarry

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:38 PM

Just to add that Dave has just done some extensive knocking out / plastering work on our house. He and his team were great and would certainly recommend him to anyone in the local area needing a plasterer.

Edited by CanHarry, 08 March 2006 - 07:38 PM.

#19 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:29 PM

Hi can anyone recommend a plasterer? I need some internal walls skimmed and the minging artex on my ceilings plastered over.

Thanks
Bosie

Actually I have just found an old thread, should have reckoned that I wouldn't be the first person on here to be looking for a plasterer - duh! :huh:
Check out my blog - Mr Musing - music, art, fashion, film and general musings
http://mrmusing.blogspot.com

#20 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 12:02 PM

I must say that I am disappointed that after contacting Dave and arranging for him to come and quote he didn't show up and didn't call either. With such good references on here I was confident that he would probably get the work. Oh well, maybe he didn't need it?

#21 Bosie

Bosie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 03:56 PM

Please ignore my last post. Embarrasingly my phone has been playing up and I have today just received a voicemail from Dave on Monday night explaining that he was delayed and asking to re-arrange. So he did call. Quote has now been rearranged for Sunday.

#22 Zirconium

Zirconium

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:11 PM

We used Mike Warren to board and plaster ceilings, skim several Artex ceilngs, board over an existing ceiling and carry out some plaster repairs. He was brilliant not pushy, very keen to oblige and reasonable price. He was clean and quick. Highly recommended!!

#23 Jenny

Jenny

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:15 AM

Does anyone have any other suggestions other than Dave? He was meant to come around last night and give us a quote but didn't turn up.

Ta

Jenny

#24 Zirconium

Zirconium

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:03 PM

Jenny - we used Mike Warren. He is very reliable (see post above). He's contactable on 0208 657 3126. Mob 07941 159256.
He used to live in Auckland Rd but has since moved. He doesn't get a good reception on his mobile at home.

#25 JMH

JMH

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:50 PM

We're looking for a plasterer to skim a couple of ceilings. Does anyone have any recent recommendations?

#26 360 Degrees

360 Degrees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 02:14 PM

Hi

I have a great Plasterer who will give a free no-obligation quote and is based in the local area. If you would like more details please either email me or call me and I will be more than happy to help.

Best regards Julie

(e) info@360degreesonline.co.uk
(t) 020 8249 3535
(m) 07813 663 135
Julie Laughton - 360 Degrees - Improving Every Angle of Your Life. Property Maintenance Solutions, Lifestyle Management Services and Project Management for your Home Improvement Projects. Visit My Website Email for Info

#27 Molly

Molly

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:45 PM

I'm really happy to recommend James Byrne, 07960 469 327. I've just used him to plaster our kitchen and render our external courtyard walls. He's very professional, hard working, uses lots of drop sheets and cleans up well afterwards, always a bonus when plaster's involved!

#28 JMH

JMH

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:10 AM

We recently used some plasterers from 360 Degrees and they did a great job at a very reasonable rate. They were hardworking, efficient and cleaned up after themselves - even offered to mop the bathroom floor! Contact Julie at 360 Degrees on 07813 663 135 or 020 8249 3535. :D

#29 janeyp

janeyp

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 03:43 PM

Hello all. I'm looking for a plasterer to do my hallway (awkward high ceilings, bits of annoying woodchip to skim over 'cause I couldn't reach that high to steam it all off and made a right old mess in the process) and also paint it afterwards. Any reommendations most welcome. Thanks.

#30 richard cc

richard cc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:40 PM

hi i saw some threads about plasterers on here but they seemed quite old can anyone let me know of any reliable plasterers that could sort a dodgy ceiling out for me locally? i,ve been looking on yell.com but it,s always better to get a quote from a local thats been recomended..can anyone help?