• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

#31 Zirconium

Zirconium

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:46 PM

Try Mike Warren (see above) - he did all our ceilings. He did just about every permutation - skimming an artex ceiling to make it smooth, screwing plasterboard over an existing ceiling and skimming it and putting new plasterboard on to joists after taking down the existing ceiling. We are very pleased with the results Incidentally he is trustworthy, unlike the first plasterer we first chose who asked for 300 for materials and did not then appear. Mike does not expect any money upfront.

#32 Pussycat

Pussycat

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:49 PM

Hello

Just want to add my recommendation for Dave the plasterer (mobile 07960 469327). Dave repaired a small (but awkward) section of our kitchen ceiling which had been damaged by a leak. He turned up exactly when he said he would (to estimate and then to actually do the work), explained everything and cleaned up after himself, all for what seemed like a fair price.

Can't ask for more than that!

#33 Muzza

Muzza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:32 AM

Just wanted to add another recommendation for Mike Warren (07941 159256). I had a list of fiddly replastering jobs around my house which he did quickly and thoroughly, and at short notice. His prices are low too, and I'll definitely be using him again. (Thank you fellow VNers for recommending him!)

#34 glazedeye

glazedeye

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:32 PM

I'd just like to echo the recommendations for Mike Warren. He's just finished skimming my kitchen ceiling and making good the walls. He was very personable, turned up when he said he would, and did a smashing job.

#35 ChewderOde

ChewderOde

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

I used HG Plastering - based here in C Palace - contact Lindsay tel 07771 570 453 - he did a good job, was clean and tidy and offered me a keen price. Work was carried out within a week of quote being accepted and done in a professional manner - highly recommended

#36 rixie

rixie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:46 AM

many thanks

I would recommend Dean Warren 02086497472 mobile07957382995 - just did a great job of my ceiling. Good quote too.

Rixie

#37 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:16 AM

I used HG Plastering - based here in C Palace - contact Lindsay tel 07771 570 453 - he did a good job, was clean and tidy and offered me a keen price. Work was carried out within a week of quote being accepted and done in a professional manner - highly recommended

Here's another recommendation for HG Plastering. Lindsay came this morning (Saturday) to replace our small landing ceiling and make good nearby cracks etc. He did a great job at a great price, with clean and tidy workmanship. Better still he lives in CP. Contact him on his mobile 07771 570453.
aka Pie

#38 Molly

Molly

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:53 AM

I just used Dean Warren and was very happy with his work, cleanliness, personality and price. I'll be using him again in the future.

#39 belo

belo

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:42 AM

A rather belated post... We used Dean Warren back in the summer. I can echo Molly's post. Good price, prompt and tidy. Plus, the finish is great.

#40 CityView

CityView

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:08 PM

Just wanted to recommend Pro Plasterers who have just plastered two room for us.

Excellent finish on the walls (i've used a numbers of plasters and the finish is right up there with the best) and the guys were a pleasure to have in the house, turned up when they said they would and even worked late one evening to get a last minute job done for us. Very clean to.

They also do exterior rendering / decorating.

Speak to Vincent 07931 979255