South Norwood Lake

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 andreas

andreas

• Sponsors
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:32 PM

There's a bird watching walk around South Norwood Lake on Saturday 28 January from 10.30 a.m. to 12 noon. It's organised by LB Croydon and sounds really interesting.

It starts at the Wood Vale Avenue entrance - at the corner of the lake by the new viewing area:
http://www.croydon.g...s/128546?a=5441

The park is looking lovely now after its recent restoration. An elegant pair of Egyptian Geese have taken up residence on the island in the lake.

Lady Andreas and I went to the park yesterday with my parents who were visiting for the weekend. We were lucky enough to see a couple of parakeets at close range - I hadn't realised they have so many colours as well as green. My parents were most impressed and have some great photographs to take back home of exotic South London!
opposed to taking terrapins.

#2 Beulah

Beulah

Beige

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 03:49 AM

South Norwood Lake was a wonderful find last summer. It was a Sunday, there were guys playing scratch cricket, people smiling as they went past on the path, guys and gals fishing, and such a peaceful atmosphere. A real good place to sit and read, people watch, or picnic. I think I want to have a go at boating next time round. Who'd have thought all this was available round here.

Edited by Beulah, 28 January 2006 - 03:49 AM.