Photo

The Hollybush

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Pub? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Pub?

1. Excellent (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Good (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

3. Average (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

4. Poor (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:30 AM

Please Vote in this Poll and Add a Reply if you have any comments about this Pub

The Hollybush
2 Westow Hill, London SE19 1RX

Phone: 020 8766 6552

#2 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:08 PM

A good locals' pub very conveniently located next to the bookies. ;) In the past have enjoyed watching the 5 nations here on a Saturday afternoon. Also good for a quiet drink pre-dinner. Seems relaxed and welcoming and I've never had the "There's a stranger in town" experience.

Edited by charlie, 14 February 2006 - 12:11 PM.

#3 Uncle Wilf

Uncle Wilf

Avuncular Legend

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:35 AM

It's cheerful enough in here I suppose.

The karaoke on a thursday is a rare treat though..... particularly last night...
As a fan of The Jam, to hear "Down In The Tube Station At Midnight" done Crystal Palace-style was immensely instructive.
Fighting Nighthawks in the sky
Brave and loyal are these guys
Brothers turning wrong to right
Never running from a fight, fight, fight
Fighting Nightingales

#4 Tuesday Girl Ventures

Tuesday Girl Ventures

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:30 AM

:)

A bit more of a tradional establishment adorns the triangle...

The kareoke is a nice touch, depending on mood. Is it me or do the people who get up and sing sound rather good to the point in which your a bit scared to pelt out a number or two yourself...

A bit too *** and youngster orientated sometimes, and they are forever running in and out the door, not the best of ideas when the roads right outside...

When I was last here, two of them were blocking the entrance to the toilet. I had to open the main door and squeeze past, then you find yourself apologizing to them just so you can take care of business in peace while they just ignore your presence and drone on...

All you need is someone who doesnt take no bs and had a couple of drinks going in, and you've got a potentially volotile situation ... and its by no means a trip in here after a visit to the Gurka Cottage...