Photo

The Postal Order

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Poll: How Do You Rate This Pub? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

How Do You Rate This Pub?

1. Excellent (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

2. Good (7 votes [36.84%])

Percentage of vote: 36.84%

3. Average (4 votes [21.05%])

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

4. Poor (6 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 colincollings

colincollings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:52 PM

we decided to try this afteR seeing it on google earth. ther e were no dogs aloud so we had to take it home, we came back the next day about 4.30. we tried the fish and chips and had a cup of tea. the was'nt many in here but it got busy later about half six when people finished work. we moved onto the drinks, i had guiness which was ok. the toilets are ok and are well cared for, a man comes in a nd looks at them every 15 minutes. we had some shorts for our walk back up the hill but then it rained and we stayed. they were doing curry with a free drink so we decided to try it I had guiness with mione but you can have wine or cola if you like. The curry was hot and good value, it was about 10.30 when we left and we got the bus instead.

#47 Chris Palace

Chris Palace

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:58 PM

Please don't take this the wrong way but your posts are hilarious. Do you write them before the drink has worn off?

"we decided to try this afteR seeing it on google earth"

That's how I usually look for places to drink too... from 3 miles up in the atmosphere.

"the toilets are ok and are well cared for, a man comes in a nd looks at them every 15 minutes"

He must really like toilets

I had guiness with mione but you can have wine or cola if you like

I'd stick to cola if I were you

when we left and we got the bus instead

Instead of riding the dog or the Google Earth satellite?

Please don't delete this... it's not meant to be harsh. If anything I look forward to hearing what the guy thinks about the toilets at ALL of the local pubs.

#48 charlie

charlie

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:19 PM

we had some shorts for our walk back up the hill but then it rained and we stayed.

Where is the Postal Order? I thought we were already 380 feet above the Thames :blink:

Nice review Colin btw. :)

#49 cathyh

cathyh

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:14 PM

Colin, keep on rocking thru all the pubs of Crystal Palace, these reviews are fantastic and can't wait till you get to the posh'ometer pubs... enjoy your walks home back down the hill

#50 Chris Palace

Chris Palace

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:52 PM

The bins were mostly clean, there was a man who moved them around every 8 minutes and 36 seconds. I had a Guinness with a sausage floating in it, and a raw tomato with ice cream. The toilets were great, I took lots of pictures. After some Swedish quiz muffins and a parrot, we went home up down the hill in a taxi on foot but there were no buses so we got the bus.

*Brain implodes*

#51 cathyh

cathyh

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:15 PM

I think Colin is making genuine postings and should be encouraged, not have the P""" taken out of him!!.... bit like the hawksparrow debate... WN for all kinds of folks..... keep it up Colin

#52 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

Agreed

#53 Hermit

Hermit

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

.. WN for all kinds of folks.....

Yeah, but I don't live in West Norwood, though.