Edward Price

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 elleme

elleme

• Sponsors
  • 505 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:00 AM

I've heard nothing about it being made available earlier, unless you hear otherwise expect it in 2012 or thereabouts. I know it can be frustrating as have been researching my own family tree and have far more info on my great-grandparents and earlier generations than I have about the immediate family of my grandparents. With most of their siblings apparently born after the 1901 census, I will just have to wait.

#17 Made in SE19

Made in SE19

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:50 PM

Thanks for the information. It's a pity we have to wait so long, particularly as my mother never knew her father and, if the Census was made available earlier, might well be able to track down her siblings before it's too late.

#18 Made in SE19

Made in SE19

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

We have now tracked down somebody who knew my grandmother and it seems that between 1946-48 EDWARD PRICE was a chaffeur for the mayor of either Croydon, Lambeth or Southwark. If any of you can remember anything about Edward, however small, I'd be really pleased to hear from you.

Thanks.

#19 Chris Doran

Chris Doran

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 11:13 PM

Check the Council Minutes for these three Boroughs (you'll almost certainly have to visit their Local Studies Centres). I don't known about Croydon etc., but Beckenham minuted appointments/illness/retirement/... of Council employees, down to quite minor posts.

The LSC for whichever borough 44 Farquar Rd is/was in should also have street directories and electoral rolls. The latter will tell you when children reached voting age, but it gets tricky when he moves, as they're sorted by ward and street, not name.

As a result of pressure on the powers that be, you can get a specific address search of the 1911 census done by a researcher at The National Archives, but it costs 45.

#20 Made in SE19

Made in SE19

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

At least the 1911 Census made an early appearance, but there do seem to be a lot of people called Edward Price living in London at that time! I'm not sure how to proceed. Does anyone have any useful tips based on the information I've already submitted?

#21 Made in SE19

Made in SE19

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:42 PM

Can anyone give me some advice about how to narrow down my search? Thanks.

#22 Fishpie

Fishpie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 03:53 PM

Can anyone give me some advice about how to narrow down my search? Thanks.

The guy in this link refers to Edward Price of Farqhuar Road being his Grandfather ! You never know ?

http://www.myspace.com/troysouthgate

#23 Joe

Joe

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:26 AM

Does anyone have any further news concering whether the 1911 Census is going to be made available earlier than expected?

Meanwhile, if anyone has any information about Edward Price or any other members of the Price family once living at 44 Farquahar Road I can be contacted at arktoslondon@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks.

Try here http://www.1911census.co.uk/

#24 Joe

Joe

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

So now I am a little bit confused !

Is your mothers father called Kim or Edward ?

Did he work at St Joseph's or  a Rolls Royce garage ?

Why the conflict if you are able to post your mothers memories as a child meeting her father

and knowing his name was Kim ?

Who is it you are actually searching for and why ????????????

#25 NorwoodPride

NorwoodPride

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

I apologise for wasting everybody's time, Made in SE19 was my former account. My grandmother had told my mother that Edward Price was her father, but since then it has been exposed as misinformation and we are now absolutely certain that her father was the gentleman discussed on the 'Kim' thread. Perhaps the moderators can delete this thread altogether?