• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#31 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:27 AM

Would be great to have you along Justine! :)

#32 Ronan O'Brien

Ronan O'Brien

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:56 AM

Hi all

I would beinterested in particpating as my book reading has declined somewhat of late... However Monday nights are out as I nearly always participate in the quiz at the White Hart.... I'm not stopping until we win either (been going since the its inception at the turn of the year! Erhmm)

Thank you for your consideration.

Ronan

#33 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:59 AM

Hi Ronan,

The group tends to meet on different evenings of the week as this makes it easier for people who have regular commitments (like evening classes and pub quizzes :D ) to make at least some of them.

We will post up whatever book we decide to read and hopefully you'll be able to make it to the next meeting.

Hope you see you soon.

Mel
Mel, Forum Moderator

#34 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:03 AM

We don't always meet on Mondays Ronan so hopefully you'll be able to join us next time!

I think something to discuss at the next meeting might be whether we stick to a specific date each month, or keep varying it.

#35 Ronan O'Brien

Ronan O'Brien

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:11 PM

Hi Weeble and Gekko....

Thanks for your responses... I'm feeling rather exposed with my real name now! Just kidding. So will you guys be at Domali next Monday from 7pm? I may be able to pop in for one and get acquainted.

Please send me a prompt... oh and if I do, how will I know you!?

Ro :)

#36 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:27 PM

Yes we'll be there from 7pm Ronan, so it'd be great if you could pop along before the quiz!

As for how to recognise us - hmm, usually we are easy to spot as everyone is carrying a copy of the same book, but it might take a bit more thought this time.

Perhaps we'll have to put a little sign on the table if there are a few newcomers.

Either way, Domali isn't big so we'll keep an eye out for people looking lost.

#37 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 02:35 PM

Don't need a sign Weeble, the books on the table should do it!
aka Pie

#38 Ronan O'Brien

Ronan O'Brien

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:33 PM

Hello Norwood posse

TGIF! :)

Well, I was thinking about the many valid comments re this book club (says the newby who has yet to come) - Anyway, wondered if you are still on for Monday 27th from 7pm in Domali?

I will pop by to say hi before the quiz - I have a book to suggest too. Short, sweet and with local relevance.... You've probably all read it but I refer to 'Death at the Priory' - Check it out! Very short too! :)

Have good weekends y'all!

Ro

#39 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 03:38 PM

Don't worry, we'll be there!

#40 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 04:06 PM

See you Monday Ronan!
Mel, Forum Moderator

#41 katb

katb

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 08:35 AM

Really sorry guys. I have to pick my wedding dress up tonight. Hope to make it to the next one!

#42 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:28 AM

I may not come as I have a splitting headache today so don't even know if I'll make it through work. Hope I'm not sickening for something - everyone in my office seems to be ill at the moment. :(

Anyway, will see how I feel. If I can't come my vote is for the new Sarah Waters book anyway, although not sure if it's out in paparback yet - The Night Watch
Mel, Forum Moderator

#43 weeble

weeble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:09 AM

The next book will be "Death at the Priory" by James Ruddick - thanks to Ronan for the suggestion.

It sounds like a cross between a murder mystery, a historical novel with some history of SE London thrown in for good measure.

And we'll meet on Wednesday 26th April, from 7pm in Domali to discuss!

Unless anyone has any objections, we were thinking of keeping this date and time for future months (ie last Wednesday of the month).

#44 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:48 AM

That sounds good to me. Like the sound of the book as well. Sorry I couldn't make it - as I said earlier, I wasn't feeling very well yesterday. Anyway, were there many people there?
Mel, Forum Moderator

#45 katb

katb

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:54 AM

Sounds really good! Wasn't there a TV programme on this a year or so ago?