• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#1 Zirconium

Zirconium

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:27 PM

Can anyone recommend (from personal experience) a competitively priced but qulaity installer (Corgi registered) please?

#2 Becky2

Becky2

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:41 PM

I had a new boiler fitted by HWCH 0845 644 2525, about four weeks ago.

Cheaper than British Gas but reliable, tidy and (so far) the boiler is working a dream.

#3 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:20 AM

HWCH came to quote for a new boiler yesterday. Haven't got the figures back yet but the guy seemed very pleasant and knowledgeable. Unfortunately, it looks like it's going to be a more complicated job than we anticipated :( due to the age of our current boiler.

Actually, he mentioned another boiler they'd done in Crystal Palace a few weeks back - might have been yours Becky!

Edited by gekko, 21 March 2006 - 11:21 AM.

Mel, Forum Moderator

#4 Becky2

Becky2

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:34 AM

sounds likely!

I forgot to say before that HWCH also sorted out all the building regulation requirements for the new boiler on my behalf (phewee), and teething problems (radiators too cold, hot water too hot) were sorted out two weeks after installation efficiently and at no extra cost.

Like i said though, its only four weeks since installation...

#5 spenge

spenge

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:23 PM

I can reccomend Elite Heating they came to look at the crusty boiler I had when I moved in back in 2002 and it had to be condemned!! they were able to provide a new decent one and fit it within a couple of days (fitted it on a Saturday so I could move in) very reasonable prices and I still use them when I get it serviced and have nver had a problem with them.

They have a website which is http://www.eliteheat.../Pages/home.htm

#6 ajames

ajames

• Sponsors
  • 203 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:53 AM

Abalta Services Ltd installed our central heating and boiler and did a great job.

020 8676 3500

Regent House, 291 Kirkdale
London SE26 4QD

#7 Zirconium

Zirconium

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:08 PM

Many thanks for these suggestions - I'll get necessary quotes. :flame:

#8 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:00 AM

Any more recent recommendations?

I'm thinking about having a new boiler installed in my new flat. Am not sure how old the current boiler is, (Potterton Puma 80e) - I think more than 5 yrs old, but less than 10. It works perfectly well, but is quite noisy, which makes me a little nervous. I'm having a new kitchen installed some time next yr so may as well get a new boiler at the same time just for peace of mind.

I had a look at the Elite site, the only problem is there are so many to choose from, how do you decide which boiler to go for? :blink:
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#9 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:05 AM

Hi Moc,

We had a new boiler installed by HWCH a couple of months ago. They were great. It was quite a big job as we needed lots of new piping and were moving from conventional to combi but they finished the job in 2 1/2 days. They aren't the cheapest but they are definitely reliable.

Regarding which boiler to choose, the company will come and assess your situation and then recommend the best boiler for you.
Mel, Forum Moderator

#10 moc

moc

Myofascial Bodywork

• Sponsors
  • 763 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:46 AM

Thanks Mel, that makes sense. Hopefully as I'd be swapping like for like (wall mounted combination boiler) it should be relatively straightforward. This is for future planning anyway, but I will definitely get a quote from HWCH as well, as they include Vaillant boilers, which I had in my last house so am familiar/confident with that range.

Mike
Integrated Myofascial Release Therapy, Sports/Remedial and Deep Tissue Massage and the Full Body MOT service in Crystal Palace and Streatham: www.myofascial-bodywork.com / @SW16Massage

#11 Marlowe

Marlowe

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:03 AM

I got a contact from Mr Central Heating in Croydon who turned out to be a very good find. Joe French - 07973519126. That was his number in Feb 06. He put in a whole new central heating system to replace my redundant warm air system. New boiler, pipework and radiators in all rooms for 1900 squids. Quick too and it's been working great since then.

#12 JGX

JGX

• Sponsors
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:10 PM

As I have said on here below, I can most heartily recommend Robert Glassbrook: 07711 201041. He is reasonable, reliable and a total perfectionist. One in a million. . .

He recently put in a central heating system for me and if you want to see his work, I am more than happy to show you the job that he did.

Best wishes.

JGX

#13 PersonalBest

PersonalBest

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

I need to replace a 20-year-old boiler.

It's for an ex-council maisonette, 7 radiators on the system, so nothing epic.

Can anyone recommend a reliable, reasonably priced company?

Many thanks in advance.

#14 Willy

Willy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:17 PM

You should check out the council website as they can recommend installers as well as give you a discount on a new boiler (http://www.bromley.g...iler_scheme.htm)

#15 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:03 PM

The boiler we were replacing was about 20 years old too so you may find there's a bit of work to be done as the pipes might not be the right standard anymore - apparently they have to be thicker now than back then. We used HWCH and were very pleased with the work they did. They aren't the cheapest but I felt they were a very professional outfit.
Mel, Forum Moderator