• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

#16 anerleymartin

anerleymartin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 08:06 PM

Have you had a boiler replaced recently? How many days work was it and what was the price range for labour? Im just asking as I have no point of reference for the work I've just had done. PM if you prefer. Many thanks.

#17 neildmc

neildmc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

I had a new boiler fitted by HWCH 0845 644 2525, about four weeks ago.

Cheaper than British Gas but reliable, tidy and (so far) the boiler is working a dream.

Another recommendation here for Simon and his team @ HWCH. He came out the night our boiler died (Sunday!) and gave us a very detailed, honest and clear quote. Work started very quickly and the work itself was done very quickly (less than 2 days to replace a tank based system with combi-boiler) and to a really good standard - going out of their way to fit the boiler in a very tight existing space and tidying up additional and dangerous electrical wiring that was installed by a previous owner in the bathroom.

They weren't the cheapest but the 5 year guarantee on the boiler & quality of service more than made the difference.

#18 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:30 AM

My close friend Andy has been in the heating business for many years & has now just started a new company which is local to Upper Norwood. I have actually been using him for years for plumbing/heating materials but his company now offers a full range of services & is also a Gas Safe registered business(Replaces Corgi for info)

Install and Service Central Heating Systems
System Power flush
Gas Safety Inspections + Certificates
Install Complete Bathroom Suites
Install Showers
Install Gas Cookers, Hobs + Ovens
Replace Old or Leaking Radiators
Install Under Floor Heating
Install Solar Heating
Central heating boiler replacements

He is also a good friend of Big Al our resident VN roofer who Iím sure would also be happy to recommend his services as well as myself.

The company name is Orchard Heating Services London www.orchardheating.co.uk email info@orchardheating.co.uk land 0208676 7878 mob 07917 796510 / 07966 237141

I'm sure he would be happy to give any advice/quotes on all topics above !
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig

#19 Maz

Maz

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

Their website is impressive - love the blog!
Gabba Gabba Hey
פɐqqɐ פɐqqɐ Hǝʎ

#20 Maz

Maz

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:51 PM

HWCH that is.
Gabba Gabba Hey
פɐqqɐ פɐqqɐ Hǝʎ

#21 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:09 PM

My close friend Andy has been in the heating business for many years & has now just started a new company which is local to Upper Norwood. I have actually been using him for years for plumbing/heating materials but his company now offers a full range of services & is also a Gas Safe registered business(Replaces Corgi for info)

Install and Service Central Heating Systems
System Power flush
Gas Safety Inspections + Certificates
Install Complete Bathroom Suites
Install Showers
Install Gas Cookers, Hobs + Ovens
Replace Old or Leaking Radiators
Install Under Floor Heating
Install Solar Heating
Central heating boiler replacements

He is also a good friend of Big Al our resident VN roofer who I'm sure would also be happy to recommend his services as well as myself.

The company name is Orchard Heating Services London www.orchardheating.co.uk email info@orchardheating.co.uk land 0208676 7878 mob 07917 796510 / 07966 237141

I'm sure he would be happy to give any advice/quotes on all topics above !

Out of interest, Dazza, does your friend live in Orchard Grove, like me? Useful for the future, if so!

#22 Dazza

Dazza

Council Boy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,327 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

Yep but my mate owns the company he doesnt actually get his hands dirty !
Your obviously mistaken me with someone who gives a fig