• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#16 Sintay

Sintay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

I used Mark jolly from the above recommendation - he was also really good - had the job done & cleared whilst we were at work

#17 charlottedare

charlottedare

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 04:05 PM

Another vote for AFS - polite, on time, very reasonably priced and Ray's a lovely guy as well.

#18 Borgus

Borgus

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:06 AM

Has anyone had to have a tree survey carried out for a planning application? Any indications of cost (only two trees involved)? Any recommendations?
"It does not require many words to speak the truth." - Chief Joseph

#19 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 03:10 PM

We were in the front garden today and a chap called Michael from JW Tree Services wandered up and asked if we needed any tree work done. As it happens we do need someone to remove a dead apple tree, and he quoted us 160 to take it down to a stump (he would cut up the usable wood into logs for us to keep). Normally I wouldn't accept anyone offering unsolicited work but this does sound reasonable. He said they are currently working locally (think he mentioned Falkland Rd or Ave, S. Norwood), so I was wondering if anyone here has used them?

Edited by Sylvester, 26 October 2008 - 03:11 PM.

aka Pie

#20 fungigirl

fungigirl

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:14 PM

Have not heard of them. My mum used A. N. Rowland to take down a 60ft conifer and a smaller 20ft one all for 165 they left the garden in a better state than before they started.

51A Clifford Road
South Norwood
London
SE25 5JS

Tel: 0208 654 2526
Fax: 0208 654 2501

A N Rowland

Edited by fungigirl, 26 October 2008 - 06:15 PM.

#21 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 06:25 PM

Thanks very much, that's helpful!
aka Pie

#22 JMH

JMH

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:32 PM

I'd like to recommend Robert Threadgold from Capital Trees Ltd. http://www.capitaltrees.co.uk/

Robert has just completed some extensive tree work in our garden and we're really pleased with the results, and the costs were reasonable too. He worked incredibly hard over the 2.5 days he was here - removing a self-seeded Ash tree, removing a massive amount of ivy that was suffocating an Alder tree, reducing the crowns of both the Alder and a Sycamore as well as cutting a couple of apple trees back that had been neglected over the last few years by the previous owner. All branches and green waste were completely removed, right down to the last twig!

We live in one of the Crystal Palace conservation areas and Robert also dealt with Croydon Council Planning Dept for us. :D

#23 benpark

benpark

Ben Park

• Members 1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:14 AM

Just to say that I recently used Robert from Capital Trees to cut back some very tall Laylandi in my garden, as well as perform some fairly serious pruning throughout. The quality of the work was excellent, and he is a very friendly chap. A please to do business with and I will definitely use him again.