35 replies to this topic

#31 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:09 AM

Hi Amber,

I've moved your post to this existing thread on cat sitters. I have to echo James' previous comments though. It does sound like you might be putting an ad out for a burglar :blink:.

I suggest you contact Cat Calls or Sitting Kitty (details above), both of which provide an excellent service to local cat owners and our beloved furry friends. Cat Calls charges 13.50 a visit, so substantially higher than your request. However, they are insured and Jane and co know what to do if your cat gets sick. I do think that it's about more than just getting someone to open a tin of cat food for kitty. As I've said before on here, it's about someone reliable who would be able to cope in an emergency. Jane has looked after my (now deceased) paraplegic cat and rescued live birds from my house before :).
Mel, Forum Moderator

#32 foreveramber

foreveramber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for your good advice Gekko!
A x

#33 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

I can thoroughly recommend Ian from 'Crystal Palace Animals at Home' - details below. I recently started using the service and can say that I am delighted - friendly, professional service, clearly cares about animals and very competitively priced.

For more information, visit www.crystalpalace.animalsathome.co.uk , email info@crystalpalace.animalsathome.co.uk
or call Ian on 07815561291
Animals at Home (Crystal Palace and Dulwich) is a franchise member of Animals at Home Ltd. Click here for more information.

#34 filmbuffy

filmbuffy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:25 AM

Hi there, putting out another call for house/ pet sitter.
contacted animals at home and sounds good for say a night or two away with the dog being boarded but works out to quite a lot for a long weekend as would require dog being boarded and the cats being visited at home.

so anyone know someone local to west norwood they have used for house/pet sitting and can recommend? Looking to go away for long weekend either early June or end of June.

many thanks

#35 RachelF

RachelF

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

Again, Sitting Kitty
http://www.sittingki...ty/Welcome.html
They looked after my little Freckle for ten years.
http://www.flickr.co...N04/7134960735/

Edited by RachelF, 02 May 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Rachel
My link

#36 gekko

gekko

Sponsor

• Sponsors
  • 4,570 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

I think filmbuffy needs someone to come and walk/feed the dog too and neither Sitting Kitty nor Cat Calls offer this service as far as I know. I think you may need to look for a dog sitter who'd be happy to feed the cats at the same time.
Mel, Forum Moderator