43 replies to this topic

#16 belle

belle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:24 PM

I didn't get the email :(
Dork Adore - the ultimate haven for geeks!

#17 migy

migy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:23 PM

:( i didnt get one

I feel so lonely now :unsure:

#18 ajphoto

ajphoto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 03:56 PM

I'm a freelance photographer, check out my website at http://www.ajphoto.info and get in touch if I can be of any assistance. Mention this website for a 10% discount.
Anthony Jones Photographer
http://www.ajphoto.info

#19 Lucy Hawkes

Lucy Hawkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:02 PM

Hi, I'm a freelance copy editor and proofreader, and the idea of a freelance network sounds great!

Lucy

I forgot to add my email address, which is lucymagdalen@hotmail.com

#20 Optimist

Optimist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 02:39 PM

Hi there - this sounds like a great idea.

I'd love to be added to the list - I'm a freelance script reader and scriptwriter. Looking to branch out into doing some publishing or editing work too so if anyone knows of any opportunities in that area I'd be grateful! Also, if there are any budding scriptwriters out there who would like feedback on their work, I can offer my services, as I work with private clients too. Email is script.reports@googlemail.com

#21 PeckhamWry

PeckhamWry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:50 PM

Hi, and thanks to Optimist for this link
I am a freelance designer (print or web), editor, writer and general publishing person with 5 years' experience in different parts of the industry. Interested in any individual or collaborative projects that are going.

mccartpr [AT] hotmail dot com. Profile site coming soon...

#22 linda

linda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:49 AM

Hi

Please count me in! I am a freelance marketing consultant. For more information about how I help businesses please click on www.marketingmeasures.co.uk or email linda@marketingmeasures.co.uk

Thanks

Linda

#23 KevinC

KevinC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2006 - 05:35 PM

Hi all

What a great idea. Count me in also.

Freelance consumer and corporate PR with 10 years experience for some of the UKs most high profile brands including Virgin, Disney and 02. Contact - kevincaruth@hotmail.com

Thanks

Kevin

Edited by KevinC, 30 April 2006 - 05:37 PM.

#24 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 07:54 AM

Hi, fellow freelancers

Does anyone know if Helen has moved away? I gave her my email address over a year ago and then followed it up with a personal message asking whether she was thinking of organising a get-together, but heard nothing! Did anyone else?

Gill

#25 stupacker

stupacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:39 PM

Hello Freelance Folks

This looks great fun.
May I join in?
I am a freelance Voice Artist - I add my Voice to commercials, documentaries, websites, telephony systems, DVD promos etc.
Please have a listen to my online voice clips here: www.voicespro.com/stuart.packer1
I can help with the script and it's nice and easy to record at Antenna Studios (they have a Voice Over booth plus Engineer)

be ace to voice something for you
Stuart Packer
stupacker at yahoo.co.uk

#26 belle

belle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:12 PM

Hi all

I didn't ever get the email for this, and it looks like the conversation has trailed off, so I'm assuming that nothing ever really came of it? I'm not sure if any of you are interested in it any more but I thought that if you are, we could set up a www.meetup.com group?

I'm not actually strictly speaking a freelancer any more - though I still do the odd bit - but my other half is now at home all day on his own writing children's books, so I know he'd like to join as well.

#27 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:23 PM

Yes, I did send Helen Lewis a PM, but, no, nothing came of it, disappointingly! I'd be delighted to join any such group. I'm a freelance copy editor, proofreader and writer.

#28 belle

belle

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:14 PM

Hi all,

I'm happy to set up a meetup.com group, but it costs money so I don't really want to do it unless I know people will want to join/meet up. How about if we test the waters and set up a Facebook group or similar instead?

I think the initial idea was to create a network for people who do freelance work, but I know that my/Mr Belle's interest is more about having other people who work from home to meet up with. If you let me know which one you're most interested in, I can set up a group that fits the bill.

Thanks!

#29 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:19 PM

Hi, Belle. My freelance work actually takes me away from home, ie I work shifts on newspapers and magazines, though I do also write, edit and proofread from home as an extra-curricular activity. A Facebook group would be an excellent idea, I think. Thanks for taking the initiative.

#30 fidel

fidel

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 03:05 PM

Hi all,

I am a local cartoonist, Hi Migy by-the-way, I do the cartoon in the palace mag 'Through the Lager Glass' my brother Paul says my cartoons are a joke!. I work full time in the Palace but always like to keep em peeled. Let's have a local talent day. I used to work in the Gypsy Hill Workshops.

You can see my work at
http://www.timsharville.com

or my commercial site:

http://www.penandink.co.uk

also http://economycustard.wordpress.com/

is a great source of local photos, very funny

See you all around

Edited by fidel, 02 December 2007 - 03:06 PM.

-
www.gunpowderstudios.co.uk