• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:58 AM

Belle and Tim, just wanted to say how much I enjoyed browsing your websites! I feel like an all-thumbs craft klutz in comparison :( However, if anyone needs any wordsmithery... And, as regards Belle's other post, under Knitting and Sewing Groups, I'd certainly support an arts and crafts shop in CP - perhaps Tim's suggestion of a local talent day would be a good way to judge interest?

#32 Sylvester

Sylvester

• Sponsors
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 07:24 PM

I LOVE that economycustard site, especially Marion Sharville's poems - very original and witty. I wish I had a local talent ... :P
aka Pie

#33 eyedropper

eyedropper

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:28 AM

Hi all, I'm maybe going freelance next year. My question is more of business related one. Who among you have set yourselves up as a limited company and how easy was it? Is there a good accountant in the CP area? Are there any tax breaks or pitfalls I should be aware of? Any advice taken. Oh and if there's a freelance sub ed or good HTML coder on here I may be interested in working with you.

PS. I've been finding this site helpful http://www.freelanceuk.com

eyedropper
www.eyedropper.co.uk

#34 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 12:57 PM

You can get a limited company for under 100 from Douglas Company Services, 01883 625077, Regent House, 316 Beulah Hill, Upper Norwood SE19 3HF. Web: http://www.douglas-cs.co.uk/

I am very happy with the service of Thornton Springer accountants opposite Sainsbury's. It costs me more than a simple book-keeper but they make up for it with excellent business and tax advice. http://www.thorntonspringer.co.uk/

You may want to check out the tax accountants opposite ABC Printers in Norwood High Street, West Norwood (just around the corner from the bus station). The accountant based in that office is very cheap and construction trade workers literally queue up at the door for their services.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#35 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:19 PM

Hi, Eyedropper

I'm a freelance sub-editor! Drop me a PM if you have a project you'd like to discuss.

Gill

#36 AdventureClub

AdventureClub

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:18 PM

count me in to any freelance mailouts and so on, please! I'm a freelance writer (radio stuff and book reviews), proofreader/editor and podcaster (answermethispodcast.com). Email address is helenzaltzman@hotmail.com

#37 Silke

Silke

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:39 PM

Did a freelancer group ever materialize from this thread? If so I would love to be included on any mailouts / get togethers etc as I'm about to take the plunge into self employment.

Alternatively I'd be happy to collate email addresses of interested people and get a group started if people are still up for that?
www.themassagepractice.co.uk

#38 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:28 PM

No, the topic starter vanished without trace without setting up the proposed group! Were they just checking out the opposition, I wonder?! :unsure:

Edited by GillW, 17 March 2008 - 05:28 PM.

#39 Spoon

Spoon

Paolo Di Catio's mum

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:00 PM

Topic starter doesn't seem to have completely disappeared - profile says last logged into VN in February this year :ph34r:

Maybe it's worth a PM.

I want to go home! Maybe I'll join in with this freelancing lark too.

#40 twinkle

twinkle

• Sponsors
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:45 PM

count me in on this - just setting up a basic flyer for myself to post to individual businesses in CP....
For all your graphic design needs please visit
www.jane-shearman-design.com

#41 Elmo

Elmo

All bad precedents began as justifiable measures

• Sponsors
  • 3,226 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:37 PM

The topic-starter has been down under for the last 4 weeks! She'll be back online soon... :D

(I know her... lovely lady.)
Jermaine was right... "You can't reason with stupidity"

Follow me on Twitter

#42 Silke

Silke

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:10 PM

I might get in touch with the lovely topic starter lady then to see if she's still interested in getting a group going. I don't want to step on anyone's toes, especially not if they're lovely!
Thanks everyone for the replies!

#43 Nanazola

Nanazola

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:12 PM

I'm a copywriter and I'd like to be in touch with other freelancers in the GH/CP area too, please count me in if a group gets going.

#44 Silke

Silke

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

I got in touch with Helen, the topic starter, and we will meet up some time soon to get something organised. Watch this space!