Do You Have Any Unwanted Items?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 08:17 PM

Do you have any unwanted items? Rather than simply throw them out why not be eco-friendly and see if you can find them a new home.

Be realistic in the price you ask for the item and provide a useful description. In this section you can also upload a photo if it helps to sell your item.

Suggested items you can advertise:
- furniture: tables, chairs, beds, sofas
- dvds, cds, videos
- computer software: original licensed retail versions
- household appliances: fridges, freezers, vcrs, tvs
- leisure items: bicycles, gym equipment, camping equipment

Please note that this section is for personal items only and trade ads are not accepted. You must be the rightful owner of the item and we will assist police with enquiries if we suspect any items are stolen goods.

If you would like to advertise an item (i.e. start a new topic) please help us with our web site running costs by making a small donation. For as little as £1 your membership privileges will be upgraded to enable you to use this section of our forum.

We accept donations via PayPal which also includes major credit and debit cards. VAT at 17.5% is included with your payment. Please contact us if you would like a VAT receipt. To use the automated process visit "My Controls" and then click on "Purchase Paid Subscriptions" which is listed under the Options heading on the left. Then choose from any of the listed packages and follow the instructions. Virtual Norwood is owned and managed by Quotes.

When you sell an item please post a reply to your topic to say the item has been sold.

European.vote - EU Referendum

#2 jesscat77

jesscat77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:39 PM

Hi there

I would like to put a wanted advert in this section of the forum as Myself and my husband are looking for a flat to buy in the area and I'm just wondering if you could tell me if this is appropriate.

Many thanks

Jess

#3 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:18 AM

Yes, this section is for items for sale, items wanted and items available for free.

#4 jesscat77

jesscat77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:57 AM

Yes, this section is for items for sale, items wanted and items available for free.

Thanks, I'll get my sponsorship organised in that case..... :)

#5 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:20 PM

We would like to clarify the following:
- advertising of residential property for sale requires a Home Information Pack (HIP) with effect from 1/6/07
- scarce items such as tickets and new game consoles may not be advertised for sale above their usual retail price
- resale of football tickets is not permitted in law because of the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006
- tickets may only be advertised for sale if your original terms of purchase allow you to do so

#6 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:31 PM

The Home Information Pack (HIP) requirements have been pushed back to 1st August 2007 and will initially apply to homes with 4 or more bedrooms. See http://news.bbc.co.u...ics/6680131.stm for more information. Rather than keep adjusting our listing policy to follow the ins and outs of this new legislation, we will just say that if you advertise your property on the forum we will assume you are doing so with HIP completed/applied for as required. It will be your responsibility to comply with the prevailing legislation. It will probably be a selling point to say if you have a HIP so please mention it if you have one.

#7 anopheles

anopheles

Anopheles

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:23 PM

Try as I might, I cannot get into the PayPal thing to pay you - is there another way I could pay ? They seem to say they cannot let me because I am already registered but I have forgotten my password (so long since I used it) and they will not register me with my e-mail address because they say it is already there. Sorry to be dim on this one.
Anopheles

Edited by James, 12 July 2007 - 05:53 PM.

#8 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

You can use a debit card or credit card as long as it hasn't been used with your PayPal account.

To rescue your PayPal account you can call them on 0870 730 7191.

We have looked at adding Google Checkout but at the moment there are too many technical issues preventing us from offering it as a payment option.

#9 wmp

wmp

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 07:20 AM

Thanks for this James - I, too, was in a pickle with PayPal, having discontinued my account with them after identity theft :ph34r: (not that it was PayPal's fault at all, I was just leery) & since all my cards are new was able to re-start my subscription.

#10 James

James

• Sponsors
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:57 PM

A Home Information Pack (HIP) will be required for all properties being sold in England and Wales from 14 December 2007 (see http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/7107346.stm for more information). If you advertise your property on the forum we will assume you are doing so with HIP completed/applied for as required. It will be your responsibility to comply with the prevailing legislation. It may help to explain what your HIP includes to help prospective buyers, as it is likely they will be less informed about what is in the HIP than you are.

#11 anopheles

anopheles

Anopheles

• Members 2
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:27 AM

How do I change the status symbol beside the offer ? The TVs have now gone, and the item about Blue and White Wedgewood China has now gone because I bought it !

#12 Nick

Nick

Wondering.... always wondering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:00 PM

Hi,

You normally just need to add a line saying they have been sold etc. We will then shut the topic down in a day or so. In this case I will do it now.

Cheers,

Nick
Nick, Forum Moderator

#13 Fuscia

Fuscia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 10:55 AM

I have a mountain bike that I bought for a London to Brighton bike ride. Apart from that one occasion it has never really been used. It's in nearly perfect condition!

I would probably accept a good price for it. :rolleyes:

#14 hellboy

hellboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:28 AM

Hi, tried to sign up (to list our car), but the PayPal page says "this merchant cannot currently accept payments".

#15 Gemster

Gemster

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:55 PM

Hi, tried to sign up (to list our car), but the PayPal page says "this merchant cannot currently accept payments".

I am getting this message too. When will it be fixed so I can post something up for sale?

Thanks very much