Pet hates

• Please log in to reply
2574 replies to this topic

#2506 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

The 3 strike rule - in the last 24 hours I have accidentally dyed my lovely, fluffy white towels a muddy pink, my kettle had broken and my boiler has bust :mellow: :( <_<

Edited by Summit Lover, 27 November 2012 - 12:14 PM.
cos I carnt spll

#2507 Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Mustn't upset the almighty.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

I misread that. 'Accidentally died'? Yeah, that's a bummer.
Never eat a piece of cheese bigger than your head.

#2508 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

I misread that. 'Accidentally died'? Yeah, that's a bummer.

Posted Image

#2509 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

The 3 strike rule - in the last 24 hours I have accidentally dyed my lovely, fluffy white towels a muddy pink, my kettle had broken and my boiler has bust :mellow: :( <_<

My recommendation of Steve Finch the other night at the Alma was timely, then! :(

#2510 Summit Lover

Summit Lover

• Sponsors
  • 5,019 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:07 PM

My recommendation of Steve Finch the other night at the Alma was timely, then! :(

It was indeed - he has just been around and is coming back tomorrow to sort me out, will write a proper review afterwards. V nice chap - thanks Dubbya x

#2511 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Brilliant - he's coming to mine tonight to try to work out why my pilot light still goes out once a day despite my having paid £860 to AC Wilgar since August! :o

#2512 Andy

Andy

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

GillW

Why are you not asking AC Wilgar to come back and sort the problem, if your paying that sort of money to them?

#2513 Billy S

Billy S

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

American cooking programmes using parma-shaun cheese and cilantro.
Love The Triangle...

#2514 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

and RIS OH DO for risotto

#2515 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

GillW

Why are you not asking AC Wilgar to come back and sort the problem, if your paying that sort of money to them?

They've given up on my 25-year-old boiler, after 13 visits (count 'em! I know all the engineers by name!) since August, having replaced the pump, the thermacouple (three times), the programmer (three times - there was a faulty batch of Honeywells), three parts that form the pilot-lighting mechanism, the three-port valve, the overheat stat and the cylinder stat! I've still got the same problem I started with, ie, intermittent heating because of a pilot light that won't stay lit and a timer that's not relaying the correct messages, but they're stumped and say, as I stopped paying them a month back, they can't come out to me anymore unless I agree to have a new boiler installed! Fair enough, but most of the problems except for the past three weeks, have been with the infrastructure, so a new boiler wouldn't have solved that. I'm currently amassing quotes for when the old lady finally does keel over and Steve, one of those who quoted, offered to do a patch-up job until I can afford to action one of them. :(

#2516 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

Architects who work till 10pm, and email you a load of changes just before they go home that negate 99% of the changes you agreed with them the afternoon before, starting their email with the words “A few bits and pieces further to our conversation today”.

About ¾ of the work we’ve done in the last two days is now utterly wasted. And the deadline is still Friday lunch time.
I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#2517 St. Lukes Railings

St. Lukes Railings

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

'Post code lottery' I just hate this phrase that has become common vernacular. Really gets me. Everything in life is a 'lottery' ffs. arrgh

Oh and the word debris. Suddenly has become duh brie instead of day brie. Apologies to our colonial friends but can we please just have our language back?

#2518 nikdevlin

nikdevlin

• Retired Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:24 AM

I heard someone at work - someone English - use the word 'burglarize' yesterday. Sadly our office is a firearms free zone, or he may have been murdererised.

Edited by nikdevlin, 29 November 2012 - 05:24 AM.

I make mixes, some of which are quite good. My wife and I cook things too.

#2519 Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Mustn't upset the almighty.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

I've probably said it before but I can't be bothered trawling through the thread and it's still winding me up. Traffic reports telling us '...closed due to an earlier accident'. NO. IT'S CLOSED DUE TO AN ACCIDENT. The fact it happened in the past is not information that needs to be passed on to us. When the bloody hell else would the accident have happened? Stop it. stop it NOW. If not earlier. :angry:
Never eat a piece of cheese bigger than your head.

#2520 RetiredMember1

RetiredMember1

• Members 3
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Like ^^ :lol:

The common cold :( I had the last one for two months and it evolved into some hideous mutant: viral rash, chest infection and asthma. Am dosing up with Manuka honey and First Defence in readiness for the onslaught.